Cock Blocking

"Hey," I wrapped myself tighter into the blanket as I walked up to the door to greet Aaron. Please make me look at least semi attractive in front of him.

I knew I was in for it as soon as I saw Eli's face, his jaw clenched and eyes hardened on Aaron then me.

"What are you doing up?" He places his hand on my back trying to push me away before demanding me, "Go lay down."

Aaron eyes the two of us, and drops his gaze to the cup in his hands. Bloody Hell, he better not be thinking what I think he's thinking because that thought he's thinking isn't the thought he thinks he's thinking.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I should go back home."

His eyes were narrowed on Eli's for a bit before softening them on me smiling apologetically.

"Bye." Eli snaps

"Eli, stop." My elbow hits the side of his ribs and I glare at him before facing Aaron again smiling and opening the door wider.

"Come on in."

Snapping his eyes on Eli once more, he took a hesitant step into my house before finally letting himself in.

Groovy, having a Finkle in my house was always a dream of mine. Check that off my bucket list. Eli takes a few steps back and before taking a few more he eyeballs Aaron.

"Don't be too long, she needs the rest."

My eyes roll at the rude statement and I snap towards him.

"Eli."

Once our eyes met, we both had a silent talk. More like a disagreement. I noticed his once soft eyes were hardened and cold, as was his face.

"No actually, I won't be long, I have boxing in a bit."

My head snaps to Aaron. He's visibly uncomfortable and switches his gaze to something behind me. He's lying.

The stomach drop feeling came to me and I drop my gaze to the ground. He wasn't here to stay long probably cause of Eli. Or did I look that bad?

Instinctively I wiped my hand on my messy high bun, hoping to tame any fly aways.

"I was just here to check up on you, give you this cup of coffee since you missed out Friday."

Aaron hands me the cup, and smiles when I meet his brown eyes. Our fingers brush and once I have grip of the cup, Aaron's hands clamp over mine. My face was probably getting hot.

"Your hands are freezing, Kim."

I try to make a cool shrug but it probably came out as a highly unattractive twitch. My heart beats faster and I try to manage a giggle out but it turned into a dry cough.

"Now I know why it's called a cold." Aaron chuckles lightly at my joke and rubs his thumbs over my cold fingers that are warming up bit by bit with the help of the coffee and his boxer hands.

"I'm sorry, for Friday." My voice was soft and a bit croaky as I smile softly back at him.

"It's ok."

Our eyes linger on one another, both softly smiling at each other until I heard Eli coughing obnoxiously, clearly interrupting our moment.

What the crabs Eli? When have I ever been a cockblock to you?

Aaron's hand drops from mine as he shoots a glance towards Eli, before stepping closer to me and kissed my forehead.

If my face wasn't warm enough, I think it became warm now when I felt his lips on my head. Sure it was a small gesture but it was so sudden and lovely that I'm pretty sure it made my entire face red.