Record Timing

Today marks the day I scarfed down a whole tofu dog and salad in one minute. The trick was wrapping the lettuce on the dog.

Sebastian has been MVP of the day as he - without asking- walks me to class and guides me to all of the short cuts in the school.

Nobody in class was courageous enough to confront me in person about the kiss. However, there were a handful of side comments about it.

Most of them kind of flew over my head until I processed it an hour later.  Then it took me a whole twenty more minutes to come up with a good response. By that time, well your girl was just too darn late.

By the time the final bell rang, my five minutes of fame vanished. Of course it's playing somewhere on a phone but the need of everyone knowing the drama has kind of disappeared by the end of the day.

I can only imagine how tomorrow morning is going to feel when the students who were absent today come back to get the juicy details.

I wish I could brush it off as easily as everyone else. My mind is still fuzzy and occupied on the whole situation.

I have so many questions. So many unanswered questions. Now more than before I confronted Eli in the first place.

I tried. I opened up to him about how I felt and he humiliated me to everyone in the school.

In front of my best friend, who didn't feel the need to protect me from whatever show Eli was giving.

The other kiss was so confusing. How can I enjoy a kiss from somebody so obnoxious? My body was betraying me. Eli is by far the worst person to talk to. However, not the worst person to kiss.

My thoughts fill with today's topsy turvy events as I prepare myself for the brutal cold I am about to expose myself to. Sweater, coat, hat, scarf, gloves, and boots.

When I exit the locker room I was surprised to not see Sebastian but instead was welcomed by Olivia and Carlos.

Olivia flashes me one of her famous genuine smiles, "Ready for cupcakes?"

I look at her confused, trying to figure out a reason to have cupcakes. Did we plan this?
Why am I asking for a reason to have food?

"We have to go a bit outside the town but it'll be worth it."

Without answering her, I ask.

"Where's Sebby?"

Olivia rolls her eyes and nudges us to walk down the hallway. When we start our walk, I link my arm through hers and Carlos quietly follows behind. Olivia responds to my question.

"Your 'New best friend' had to do a practice test for college applications ."

That means no Sebastian tonight. With that thought I frown, "Oh."

I didn't think to ask Sebastian about his after school plans. I always forget he is busy after school.  He's actually been pretty busy nowadays with college applications and extra curricular activities.

"I'm surprised at how attached you two got in such a short time." 

Actually, the bond kind of grew over the course of Mission S.S season. When I thought Sebastian was my Santa because of how obviously interested he was with me after the name pull.