Chapter seventeen

Alex and Sierra- I love you

-Harry-

My weeks in the hospital felt like years. 

My arms were sore from all of the pricking the doctors had done throughout my stay

I craved to be outdoors. To smell the fresh air once again instead of the pungent smell of disinfectant cleaners and stale odor

The day had finally come that I was allowed to be discharged from the gloomy place.

Skyler stayed with me the whole time, the faculty said. 

She only went home a couple times to grab a quick shower.

"That's the last of the paper work" The secretary at the front desk said "Now lets hold off the visits from either of you two for awhile, ok?" She smiled

I nodded from my wheelchair. 

I felt utterly embarrassed to have Skyler push me around in this thing. 

Multiple times I insisted that I didn't need one, but given my situation, I was ordered to use one.

I closed my eyes briefly as the hospital doors slid open. It felt like I was feeling the suns warmth for the first time.

"That feels really nice" I say, opening my eyes to take in the scenery

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Skyler asks

"No" I shook my head "Could we stay outside for a minute though? There's a bench over there" I point a couple feet away

"Of course"

I tugged at my joggers as Skyler pushed me over to the bench.

She took a seat and I remained in my wheelchair

Skyler and I didn't talk much while I was admitted in the hospital. 

She kept saying I needed to rest, which I did.

The subject of the accident hadn't been discussed;which I knew it had to be

"On the night of the accident I was on my way to the field we went to"

"I know" She said softly, nodding her head

"How?" I ask

"You said that Mr. Billings made you promise to take me there. I just figured that's where you would want to be"

I looked towards the sky; birds flew overhead in a V formation. 

"I wanted to feel close to him." I utter "I thought I would there. I didn't mean for all of this to happen"

"Harry are you seriously apologizing for getting in a car wreck? You're ok now. That's all that matters"

I stayed silent for a moment. 

"Did you see the bills though" I said quietly "My insurance won't even touch a majority of it"

"It will be ok"

" Skye I want to be able to take care of you. Not the other way around"

"Harry" Skyler grabbed my hand "You've taken care of me for the past three years. It's my turn to take care of you. I can pick up an extra job. Everything is going to work out"

"I'm not going to let you do that. You aren't-"

"You have no say." she interrupted "What happened to my hospital bills, Harry" her tone was firm "I asked the hospital about them while you were in there. They said they were all paid. Every single one. I never received a bill." she continued "I know you paid them"