Chapter Two

-Harry-

The sun draped over my house. Rays of warmth shone through the windows on this fine Saturday morning.

I placed my hands on my hip, taking a sip of my morning coffee as I look out my window at the flowers on my porch.

Peters wife had given me three small plants a couple months after I moved in. Tulips, spider plant, and petunias. I failed to keep them alive just months after i had received them; but I continued to buy the plants and replace them. When skylar first moved in, she showed me how to keep my poor plants alive.

I smiled at the fond memory of skyler coming over, checking on how my plants were doing. Those visits don't happen anymore.

I set my coffee down and grabbed the small metal watering can that Lily and Peter had gifted me. I filled the container, noticing the sides and handle were beginning to rust.

The heat hit me as I walked into my porch, slowly letting the water fall from the can.

I hear the familiar sound of a screen door shut. I look up from my watering can, seeing skyler watering her plants as well. Her long hair cascaded softly down her back. Her fingers tucking a small portion of hair behind her ear

"Good morning skyler" I smiled, sending her a wave

She shifted her attention to me. Hesitantly, she raised her hand and waved.

The wind blew gently, ruffling her floral sundress. The chimes hanging on her porch began to sound, triggering my memory.

*twenty one months ago"

Skye sat in the rocking chair on my porch. I pushed my front door open with my side, holding two cold glasses of lemonade.

She never drinks coffee. Only lemonade.

"Here you go" I sat down, turning to hand her the glass

"Thanks" she smiled, folding her legs under her

She closed her eyes as she took a sip of the cold beverage. Her lips forming a smile as she lets the sweet liquid cool her down

"You always make the best lemonade"

"That I do" I smirked, taking a sip myself "so, you've been here for three months. What do you think of the neighborhood"

"Everyone's so nice. Feels like home for sure" she leaned back completely, making the chair rock slightly. "But-" she stopped, looking down at her drink

"But what?" I ask

"It's just that" she paused, looking out across my yard "jase"