6. Trouble

This chapter is dedicated to @kolvinafan_1
Hope this is what you had in mind

******
Stefan's POV
I pulled up to the Boarding House to hear moaning. Sometimes I really wished the twins didn't like Damon because then we wouldn't have to come over so much. I opened the door to quiet well besides Damon and Bonnie. I walked all the way upstairs to my old room. The twins slept peacefully on my old bed but Elena was not with them. I went downstairs and called her, the phone rang four times before she answered "Hello?" "Hey Lena. I was just wondering where are you? Did you know Damon is watching the girls?" I said laughing "ugh yeah I asked him. Ugh I'm just hanging out I'll be home soon if that's what you asked me" "no I thought we were gonna go out tonight" "oh my god Stefan— "don't worry about it. Take all the time you need" "I'll make it up to you" I laughed "I love you Elena" "I love you too Stefan" I hung up and walked back upstairs. I of course knew that the girls weren't mine biologically but in all the other aspects they were my daughters and I was their father. "Time to get up" I said shaking them softly. Maya groaned about the light burning her eyes and Edythe got up like it was nothing. "Hi Daddy" Edythe said "morning baby" I kissed her head and picked Maya up putting her down on the ground "see and now you're up" "I want beckfast" I laughed "then who will help you guys get ready" "Aunt Bonnie can" Bonnie said walking through the door with a smile on her face "Aunt Bonnie!!" Bonnie smiled "then I'll go make beckfast" I said walking out. I decided to make pancakes and eggs just because, as I started pulling out the ingredients Damon walked in "hello brother" I rolled my eyes "Damon" "come on be nice to me I got some intel for you" I rolled my eyes "whatever it is I don't want" "really because it involves Elena's whereabout" I sighed "I trust Elena" he smiled "really? Even if she went soul searching to find her ex boyfriend slash baby daddy?" I felt my muscles tighten up "what did she tell you she was doing? I'm just curious" I rolled my eyes "it doesn't matter I trust her" "isn't you trusting her what got her to leave you?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath "finish breakfast for the kids. I'm hungry". It probably wasn't a good idea to feed while I was all worked up but I did anyways. I saw a guy that asking all by himself so I snatched him up and compelled him "don't a make a noise don't fight it" then I sunk my teeth into him. Elena was going to go find Klaus? Why? What made her question the life we built up together? Was she unhappy? Or was I just not good enough? I pulled away from the guy but I drank to much. I feed him my blood "stay indoors and don't anything that could get you killed for the next 24 hours" he repeated and then left in a daze. I hadn't lost control like that in over a year but I was really worked up so. I walked back to the Boarding house to see the kids with Bonnie eating "hey Steffy!" I rolled my eyes at Damon "you hungry?" "Yeah daddy come eat" "ugh daddy is gonna go take a shower. I'll be back okay" "okay daddy" they said sadly. My phone rang it was Elena "ugh I can't talk right now here's the girls" I gave them the phone and walked away upstairs. I could never love anyone as much as I love her but it wasn't enough. My love wasn't enough for Elena and I was gonna lose her and possibly my kids too. I let the water run down and I tried to forget about the bad things. But the bad things stay with you don't they?