14. Goodbye

Klaus's POV
It was unavoidable I could feel her presence. I walked into the room to see her lying in my coffin all pretty and cleaned up. I noticed a note in her hands so I picked it up.

I didn't realize she was gone Nik. I suppose that explains why you were acting like a dick. Even though I hate her guts I cleaned her up, changed her, did her hair, and I even called the people she's closet to. Oh and I had Davina do a spell that holds Elena here for a little so you all I can say goodbye. I'm still angry at you but I love you Niklaus
-Your Favorite Rebekah

I felt my eyes prick as a hand rested on my shoulder. I looked up to see Stefan with tears in his eyes also "Stefan I couldn't protect her... I fa— "don't worry about it Klaus. Just let it out okay. You know she chose you?" I smiled "I can't fantom why" "why don't you ask her... after we talk to her huh?" I turned to see the whole gang plus a scared/grief stricken Katherine. I nodded and stepped off to the side allowing them all to go before I go.

Jeremey went first followed by Caroline, then Bonnie, Mutt, Damon, Alaric and some girl with black hair and blue eyes, Katherine and then finally Stefan walked up very slowly grabbing her hand shakily.

Elena's POV
I waited patiently to see whose mind I would enter next. This mind was very familiar I would know where to find it even if I was at the bottom of the ocean. My Stefan.

"Elena?" "Come one we've got a lot of ground to cover in such a short time" "hey you picked hiking" "oh Mr. Salvatore are you outta shape" Stefan lifted his shirt "nah I'm a dad" we laughed in union as he helped lift me up as we made it to the top of the mountain.

"It's beautiful up here isn't it?" He laughed as he said these very same words to me not so long ago. "Elena what are we doing here?" I felt the tears prick my eyes once again "I'm trying to find the right words to say goodbye" his eyes glossed over "no I'm not ready for that. Not now, not ever" "hey" I grabbed his face like I did our first time "it's okay Stefan. We're gonna be okay" I let my hands fall and he grabbed my hands. He kept his eyes on our hands.

"Thank you for bumping into me that day in the hall" he looked up staring into my eyes "I didn't think I would ever be happy again until I met you" I gave him a smile more tears running down our faces "you quite literally saved my life" he let out a laugh and I squeezed his hands "I love you so much" he laughed/cried "I love you too" "I'll see you soon" we slowly let go of each other's hands not completely letting go until only our tips touched.

Stefan's POV
"I'll see you Elena" I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I was in Klaus mansion. I leaned down and kissed her forehead not bothering to hide my tears as I turned to them.

 I leaned down and kissed her forehead not bothering to hide my tears as I turned to them