7. New Orleans

Elena's POV

I walked downstairs to see Klaus leaning against the compound 's door frame right in front of the gate "what are you doing?" He looked at me briefly "shouldn't you be at College today?" "How did you know?" "You told me once. You're gonna practice medicine right?" I smiled "you really remember all that?" He nodded "yes. Anyways you should get going I'm very busy" "busy doing what?" "I'm officially at war love" "so bringing the girls here to visit you is out of the question?" He looked at me very confusedly "you want them to meet me?" I looked at him like he had two heads "why wouldn't I?" "Because Stefan is their father" he said sadly looking away from me "Klaus? If you loved me why did you push me away from you?" He sighed "you're going to be late" "it's a 14 hour drive" he rolled his eyes at me "because I destroy everything that I touch. You are the one thing that I can not destroy, I refuse to destroy you Elena" I smiled at him "Klaus the only way you could destroy me is by leaving me. You took the easy out by compelling me. I didn't even get a sayin the matter" "you would have talked me out of it" I sighed looking at him with complete adoration. "Klaus Mikealson" he looked up "Marcel to what do I— "I've got many things to say. But let's start with her" Klaus took a breeif look at me "oh yes this is Elena and she is leaving" the guy named Marcel gave me a greedy look and Elijah appeared next to me "Marcellus what can I help you with?" Marcel whistled and the whole compound was filled with vampires. I crouched my stance like Stefan taught me "what are you doing Elena" "well I figured if they are gonna kill us then let's not go down without a fight" Klaus smirked "I would argue but one we are surrounded and two" Klaus ripped the guy closest to him heart out. Marcel looked angry "go" we started fighting them and then I realized Hayley and Hope weren't anywhere around. "Klaus? Where's Hayley" Klaus grabbed someone's neck and squished it "Elena, Niklaus go" Klaus and I looked at each other before vamp speeding off "oh no you don't" Marcel threw me back and Klaus stopped in his tracks. "Marcel leave her out of this" Marcel put his hand in my chest and I screamed, Klaus walked towards us and Marcel pulled his hand out. I held my chest in pain. Klaus and Marcel started fighting and then I heard a scream from the church. I turned my head and looked at Klaus, he punched Marcel in the face and I started walking away slowly soon I broke out into a full blown run. I busted into the church and Klaus was behind me "Marcel?" "I bit him" "Hayley?" Klaus walked up to the alter and I walked closer to the door not really listening to them when I heard her scream "Klaus run" and turned but it was too late Klaus was thrown up the wall. I was still by the door so they didn't see me I just watched them "hello Klaus" "Genevieve? What are you doing?" "Hayley where is the child?" I looked at Hayley and I wondered why she just didn't move but then it occurred to me that she probably didn't move because of a spell. I hid behind a bench and listened in "listen Hayley it's nothing personal it's just that the Salvatore twins are way to protected so Hope is the more obvious solution" the Salvatore twins? Why did they want my girls "but Hope is protected by Klaus" "fine then" just than I heard a sniffle, my head turned up to the ceiling she was in the attic. Suddenly I had a plan, if I give Hope up then I'll follow them and we can kill them. I stood up and walked towards them "Elena Salvatore" "she's in the attic Hayley looked scared "thank you" then they grabbed Hayley's head and slit her throat I vamp speed out. I watched them leave with the little girl and I walked inside the church. Hayley was dead and Klaus was knocked out on the ground. I followed the witches as stealthy as I could. Why did they want a three year old? We went into a cemetery and walked right up to them until it suddenly became a maze. Because I was a vampire I knew they were in front of me and I hid inside the little concrete thing. I couldn't take on three witches by myself. I heard Klaus and Elijah a little while later and I went to find them "Elena how— "quiet. Follow me" they did as I said and soon we were in front of the witch baby stealers. "You fools— Klaus cut the girl off by throwing a pole into her chest. A fight broke out and I helped as much as I could. Suddenly my head was filled with pain. I looked to see it was probably because of Monique. Not only did I fail but I was gonna get Klaus' daughter murdered "WAIT" Monique stopped and looked at me "what?" "Why kill one child when you could have three?" She smiled "but there is no way we can get to the Salvatore twins" "no but I can. I could get my husband to bring them just don't kill Hope. Not yet" then as if on cue a million tiny cuts on her. I turned to see Hayley. "We're you really gonna sacrifice your twins?" "Yeah Bonnie has this life restart thingy on them so if they die they come back" Hayley grabbed hope and looked at me "hey I know you probably hate me because I slept with your man but... thank you for saving her" I smiled at her "of course Hayley" "no hard feelings?" She smiled "no hard feelings" "Hayley how are you alive?" "I think I'm a hybrid. Last night Klaus helped me and he had to give me his blood" "but you'd need Elena" I looked up at her "well I'm a vampire. I can give you my vampire blood and then go and get some of my human blood I had saved up for Stefan" they looked at me confused "it's a long story" "you'll go and get some of your own blood and come back?" Klaus asked me hopeful "and I'll bring the girls so they can meet their bio dad" Klaus smiled and I walked up to Hayley. I bit my wrist and she fed on me "thank you" "yeah don't mention it. Ugh Klaus?" "Yeah?" "Just don't expect me to keep them away from the Salvatores. Stefan is their father and Damon is their uncle" "I understand Elena" I smiled "okay then. How long do you think Hayley has" depended she has either just today but maybe with the help of your blood till the weekend" I smiled "okay then, I'll either see you tonight or this weekend keep me posted" "bye Elena" I walked out St. Anne's but I turned around to Klaus "Elena?" "Yes?" I know you are married but I'll really kick myself if I don't do this" than he kissed me. I probably should have pushed him away but I held him closer. Something about our lips on each other just felt right. He pulled away and then I smiled "we'll see y'all" than I walked away without another word a smile settling on my lips. I love Klaus Mikealson and I wasn't sorry.