9. Patience

Elena's POV

I walked down the hallway of Whitmore with my books in my hand. "Elena right" I looked up to see a guy with big eyebrows "Liam?" "Yeah, yeah or cute brag" he laughed and I smiled "so ugh even though I'm a cute bragger I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me" I froze "oh Liam, I would but I'm married and I have a baby daddy. I'm sorry" I walked away as quick as I could l before it got more awkward.

I opened my dorm room to see my girls sleeping on Caroline's bed. I smiled sitting on my bed thinking of my exam and Klaus. There was a knock on the door and I smiled thinking of Stefan.

I opened the door but it was the headmaster not Stefan. "Oh hi" "not what you expecting?" "No I thought you were my husband" "well you might want your husband to get here" "ugh why?" "Easy because we are here to say that you left your children in this room all morning" my brows furrowed "well yeah Bonnie, Caroline, and I all had class till noon" "do you realize how dangerous that is?" My brows furrowed "I mean no, not really how did you even know I brought them here?" "Liam told us" "well I just told Liam that I didn't wanna go out with him— "what's the problem?"

Stefan asked walking in like he owned the place "who are you young man?" "I'm Stefan Salvatore, Elena's husband. I'm sure you've heard of me" the headmaster rolled his eyes "well your wife is in big trouble. She left your children all alone all morning" Stefan smiled reassuringly "actually I was watching them. I just stepped out to take a call from my brother. Check the call log if you'd like" Stefan said holding out his phone "that won't be necessary. Have a good weekend" then they left.

"How do you do that?" Stefan smiled his big bright smile "it's a skill" then he kissed my forehead. I furrowed my brows before pulling his lips down to mine. "EWW" he pulled away much to my dismay and walked over to the girls "why are you guys saying eww?" He said ticketing them.

I bit my lip happily. This was my family. If I decide to be with Klaus the girls will still be able to be with Stefan. "Hey Stefan?" He walked back to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck "will you come with us?" "When do you leave?" "In an hour" he thought about it for a second "sure I'll come" I pecked his lips. "Alright girls I'm gonna go take a test. Listen to daddy" "bye mommy".

Klaus' POV
I sat on the bed with Hayley who was bed ridden due to not having Elena's blood. "I told you Niklaus that you should have called Elena" "no. She'll make it in time" "what if she doesn't" "she will and if you don't leave me alone I will rip your throat out and stick you back in a box" Elijah fixed his jacket before walking out. "How does that work?" "What?" "The box trick" I shrugged "I dunno but they seem to be scared of it so" Hayley laughed and then started coughing up blood. "Klaus am I gonna die?" "No! I won't let anything happen to you Hayley" I kissed her forehead before walking out. I quickly dialed Elena.

"Klaus I'm taking a test" "then why did you answer?" "I asked to go to the bathroom" "are you on your way?" "Yeah the second I'm done we are gonna be on our way. I'll call you later okay" then she hung up.

I walked downstairs to see Rebekah. "Hello sister looking good" "well thank you Nik. Where's doppel-bitch?" "Not here and can you just be nice for once?" She scoffed "I'm not nice to girls who literally stab me in the back" I laughed before leaving the compound.

I went into Rousseau's and walked up to Camille. "Hello Cami" "Klaus" "can I have one of our daily sessions" she rolled her eyes "Klaus I'm working" I gave her a pouty look "but I have a break in 10 minutes if you wanna stick around" I smiled and took a seat "bourbon" 

Damon's POV
I walked towards my dresser picking out a shirt while I was on the phone with Bonnie "yeah I mean at first it was weird but Elena loves Klaus. What can we really do?" I sighed "drop her in the ocean" Bonnie laughed and I grabbed my black v-neck "Damon she'll die" "but she won't be with Klaus" "who you talking to Bonnie?" "Is that Stefan?" "Yeah, I'm just talking to Damon" "hey Damon, I'm leaving town with Elena and the girls" "so Bonnie you coming over?" I asked hopefully and I heard her laugh "yeah sure" "cool see you tonight" she hung up.