4. Memories

Elena's p.o.v.

I was sitting on the Salvatore's couch thinking. I sighed feeling that emptiness again. I got up and left not bothering to tell Stefan I was leaving. It was 6:00am so I was sure I wasn't going to bump into anyone i was friendly with. I kicked some pebbles letting my feet take me somewhere familiar. I looked up expecting to see my family home but instead I saw a white Mansion. I walked up to it and knocked on the door. "I told you I don't want any of your girl scout cookies" I looked to see the guy from last night. Suddenly I knew him "Klaus?" He looked so surprised "Elena what are you doing here?" "I... I... I don't know. I was just walking and I ended up here. I'm gonna go now" "are you okay?" I stopped feeling safe "yeah, yeah of course I am" "do you want to talk about it?" My eyes squinted "you think I'd want to talk to you about my problems? You killed my Aunt and me" he looked hurt "yeah okay. Yeah of course" I sighed "I feel as if I'm missing something" "like what?" "I don't know I just feel like I'm missing something" he looked at me "hmm"

Klaus's p.o.v.

I stared at Elena. I knew exactly why she was feeling this way. I ripped the love of her life away from her so she feels like she's missing a part of herself because when you're in love they become a part of you. She doesn't remember our love so she feels like she's missing a part of her. "I just-- "ELENA!" She was gone. I walked out the door "ELENA?, ELENA" my vision blurred and turned black.

Elena's p.o.v.

My head hurt badly. I looked around and saw I was in a cell. "Hello!! HELLO!!" I grabbed the cell "shut up no one is here" I looked over to see Klaus "what is wrong with you? Stefan and Damon will come for me" he smiled "if I took you then I wouldn't be in a cell you incompetent fool" my feelings immediately got hurt. "Look Klaus I don't know what your problem is but let's get one thing clear here I. Hate. You!" He rolled his eyes before staring intensely into my eyes as if he was deciding something Klaus rolled his "well I think you said that once or twice" he stood up holding onto the bars like me. He pulled back on the bars "you won't be able to-- he pulled back and then the bars snapped. He walked out his cell "I suppose you want to escape?" I nodded. He broke the bars "come on". We walked side by side so close to freedom "where are the two of you going?" We stopped and turned slowly to see none other then Esther. "Mother?" "Niklaus, my son how are you" "what do you want?" "Elena I need your blood. I have help from the other side. I'm going to kill Niklaus" I felt Klaus stiffen next to me "no. I won't help you" "You don't have no choice. I'm saving you and the entire world" "no! NO YOU CAN'T" for some reason I felt a a need to protect Klaus. I pushed Esther to the ground "Klaus run!!" He grabbed me and vamp speed us away. He stopped us in front of the Salvatore Boarding House. "Here you are love" I smiled "thanks for the save" "well I suppose I could tell you the same" he walked away. I went inside the house and ignored Stefan and Damon in the parlor throwing questions at me. I walked up the stairs and went into Stefan's room. "That was very rude Elena" I looked up to see Esther in the bed "I'm going to do something to hurt you and Niklaus" I stepped back "I'll scream" "no you won't" she started chanting. When she finished her spell she grabbed my head. I tried to scream but no sound came out. She began a new spell and suddenly images flooded my head. Klaus and I were making out, Klaus and I were walking up and down his garden, laying in bed together, painting and much more. I stared at her before collapsing.