12. Daggered

Stefan's POV
I didn't ask Elena what happened on her trip with Klaus because I didn't need to know. I looked at Elena who seemed nervous "Elena put your mind at ease and tell me what's wrong" she looked up at me with tear filled eyes "hey what's wrong?" I held her in my arms as she cried "how can you be so sweet about all of this" I kissed her head "Stefan I slept with Klaus" I said nothing and just held her.

I was hurt most definitely but she loves him and I love her. "Elena I love you more than I love anything. I want you to always be happy so I think you should be with Klaus" she looked up at me "Stefan I don't want to lose you" I kissed her head once again "Elena you could never lose me. I promise you" she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "I love you Stefan. I'll always love you" I smiled "I'll always love you too. Just promise me you'll be safe" "I'll call you everyday" I laughed "maybe not everyday" our door to our bedroom flew open revealing Katherine. "Hey Kat!" "Elena"

Usually Katherine and Elena were inseparable but today they seemed distant "I'll give you two some space. I'll check on the girls"

Katherine's POV
I watched Stefan walk out and immediately dirty thought of him came into my mind "Katherine?" I looked at her "what?" "Are you okay?" "No! Why haven't you called me since my birthday" "I've been busy" "I know busy fucking the hybrid" she bit her lip "I'm sorry Kat" "yeah whatever... so does this mean you and Stefan are getting a divorce?" I smiled "I guess so" "that's sad" yes Stefan was single.

I mean I love Elena but come on. Besides Stefan Salvatore was mine first. "So you going back to New Orleans?" "Yeah but there's a war going on right now so I don't want to take the kids but I don't want Stefan to be stuck with them you know" I looked around their bedroom "yeah I get it. I'll watch them" "you?" "Yeah I have a heart" I stood up and went to the girls room. Stefan was leaning on the door frame and I smacked his ass. He jumped a little and I smirked at him.

"Hey girls" they smiled Kitty" "how would you like to spend the week with me and daddy?" They frowned "your mom is okay she's just gonna go somewhere" they smiled "otay".

Klaus' POV
We had sex and then the next night she was gone. I didn't regret it and I don't know if she does but I suppose it doesn't really matter since I'm dead. Not really dead but daggered by my own siblings the worst betrayal of them all.

I wonder if Elena is thinking about me. Probably not though she has Stefan. Of all the things I could be thinking about Elena was the only person on my mind. It was wrong of me to think of my best friend's wife as mine but Elena... she was perfect in every way. She saw me as the monster but she loved me still. I'm pretty sure my siblings will leave me like this for some centuries and all I have to do is think.

Elena's POV
I made the same mistake a year ago. I let Klaus leave me but not this time. I ran to the Compound. I had to make a choice and I chose Klaus. No matter what happened in the past I could no longer see a future without him. The gate was half open so I walked right in. "Hello?" It was oddly quiet like suspicious quiet. I kept my guard up and I felt it as u tensed up. I walked towards Klaus' room to see it empty. Where was everyone? "Hello?"

"Elena" I jumped but it was only Elijah. "Elijah you scared me" "my apologize miss Gilbert" "Salvatore" he stared at me for a few seconds "right Mrs. Salvatore" I smiled "where's Klaus? Where's everyone for that matter?" He sighed fixing his suit jacket "he's gone Elena" I was confused what exactly did he mean? "What do you mean he's gone?" "He's dead. Me and Rebekah daggered him" I felt my eyes prick.

Once again I had failed. I lost the love of my life once again because I couldn't make my mind up. The tears started rolling down "well un-dagger him Elijah" "I can't do that Elena. Not yet anyways" "well when?" "Nowhere near your lifetime" "I'm a vampire" "with the cure in your possession. Correct" I was angry now. How was it fair that no matter what we did we seemed to always be broken apart. "So I'll never see him again?" "Elena... no. You won't".

That was all it took to break me. The tears practically exploded out of me and I ran out.

So there is gonna be 1 or 2 more chapters left and no I'm not just gonna leave you like that. There will be a third book and it will be called "If you love her let her go" I don't know when it's gonna be posted so just keep your eyes peeled. Also let me know what you think bc I want to end the series with the kids going to the Salvatore school but I don't want Klaus and Elena to end up together. I kind of want one of them to die. Let me know what you think 😁