Chapter 24: No Raw Meat

(AN): So... I've been staring at my computer screen for a little over ten minutes now and my brain is still blocked. Um yes. This story has kind of gone to shit but you know, that's what happens when you start a story when you're only thirteen. If I write another story on this username or write a sequel for this story, it'll hopefully be better. A big reason as to why I haven't updated in a long time is because I can't stand this story anymore. So many plot holes and dumb ideas. Plus Declan is an asshole and not at all the dreamy guy I started out wanting to write. He's actually kind of abusive and I don't want any of my readers to go out and find a guy like that. Evangeline kind of sucks as a character too. She's literally the exact same as every other female main character in every other werewolf story on this site. But because so many of you have literally blown up my email for the past two years (sorry about the wait, btw), I'll finish the story.

IMPORTANT!!! I AM ALSO GOING TO CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS STORY TOThe Younger Mate

Pic of Quinn (Lily Collins) at the top!

***************

Evangeline's POV

I could feel a lump forming in my throat as Declan and I waited in the kitchen for Shane to get home.

What if Shane doesn't want a new cousin? I thought.

Well... Technically he's not going to be related to the baby at all. He's not of Declan's bloodline. My wolf reminded me. It also means that the baby could be the one to take Declan's place as Alpha when it's grown. Shane was adopted by Declan's brother, remember?

"Oh shit," I mumbled out loud.

"Hm?" Declan asked. "What's wrong?"

"Shane's next in line to be Alpha isn't he?" I asked. Declan looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, sort of. He's the next male in line, but he wasn't actually related to my brother." Declan told me. "Why?"

"I'm worried that Shane won't like the baby. Especially if it's going to replace him in line." Declan smiled at that.

"What?" I demanded. "It's not funny! What if Shane doesn't like our daughter?"

"Daughter?!?" Declan laughed. "What makes you so sure our son is going to be a girl?"

"Mother's intuition," I replied smugly. Declan scoffed at me.

"Well, mother dearest, if you're so sure we're having a girl then you don't have to worry about Shane being jealous. The title of Alpha automatically goes to the next male in line." He told me. Now it was my turn to scoff.

"Sexism never dies, does it?" I asked. Declan's reply was interrupted by the door opening.

"Uh, hello?" Shane spoke as he dropped his backpack, looking at both of us.

"Uh, hi Poptart. How was the date with Mary?" I asked him.

"For the eighth time, it wasn't a date, and fine." He replied, closing the door. I could feel Declan shuffle awkwardly behind me.

"Erm. Shane, we have a bit of news for you." He said, his voice cracking almost nervously. "Let's discuss it over dinner, alright?" Shane mumbled a confused agreement and followed us into the kitchen.

"So how did it go with Mary?" I asked after we had all sat down.

"You already asked me that." Shane pointed out. "What's going on?"

"Oh... Right." I replied, looking to Declan for help. He reached across the table to touch my hand reassuringly and looked at Shane.

"Alright. The news... Um." He started. "Shane, your aunt is... Your aunt is..."