Chapter 16: Bonfire

(AN): *IMPORTANT* I have taken forever to upload! School has been hectic and I just couldn't find any time to write the next chapter! Also, I just posted the first chapter of The Rejected Mate, my new story, and I was hoping that maybe some of you could read it and tell me if it's good or not. I'd appreciate it! Anyway, pic of Colin (Ben Barnes) on the side.

*************************

Declan's POV

Today had been for the most part uneventful.

I had started to ease myself into work again, resetting patrols and dealing with pack disputes. As soon as I had finished breakfast I got called in and I hadn't gotten a chance to see my mate after that, which only made me walk faster on my way home.

I walked in, expecting either my mate or Shane to come running towards me. What I wasn't prepared for was the sound of screaming and thumps coming from upstairs. I immediately ran up the stairs and towards the sound, ready to fight.

I nearly slammed into the doorway and looked up only to find Evangeline and Shane standing next to each other, X-Box controllers in hand, furiously playing Halo 4.

"There's more on your left!" Shane yelled and Evangeline pressed a button, making her character throw a grenade and officially blow up a few aliens.

"Well damn... Who knew you could kill aliens so well?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. Evangeline paused the game and ran towards me, only to throw her arms around me in a hug.

"Missed you too, Love." I chuckled at her. She just laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Are you ready for the bonfire?" I asked. Evangeline's eyes widened.

"Oh crap! I completely forgot!" She said, running past me. "Give me five minutes! Five!" With that she bound down the hallway to our room.

Shane saved the game and turned the game console off. "Women..." He mumbled when he got to me. I chuckled at him and messed up his hair.

***************

*15 minutes later*

"Go! Go! GO! YES!!!!! THE DUBS WIN!!!" Shane shouted. We had been watching the last few minutes of a football game as we waited for my mate.

"Pay up..." Shane said and I handed him five euros.

"Can't believe the Royals lost... Again..." I mumbled then we went back to channel surfing.

"Ready to go?" A voice called from behind us. I turned my head around to find Evangeline standing by the door, in what I could only describe as the shortest pair of shorts I have ever seen.

"No... No we are not..." I said as we got up. Shane turned around and his eyes widened when he saw my mate.

"I... I think we are. I think we're good... Let's go... Right now..." He said, jumping over the couch and landing by my mate. I raised my eyebrow at him before looking back at Evangeline.

"What?" She asked.

"Shane... Will you please give us a moment?" I asked. Shane snapped out of his trance and glared at me.

"Yea... Sure..." He said before walking out. I walked closer to Evangeline.

"What?" She asked again.

"Aren't you going to be a little cold in those pants?" I asked and she gave me an incredulous look.

"Well I wouldn't imagine I will be... I am a werewolf after all..." She replied. I narrowed my eyes at her.