Chapter 12: He Lives!

(AN): It's my birthday! YAY! So, in honor of the day all the awesomeness in the world was born (heheheh) I have decided to upload! Well... Here's the chapter everyone's been waiting foooooorrrrrr!!!! :D Lol ok... Pic of Keith (Shane Coffey) on the side... ===>

************

Chapter 12

Evangeline's POV

"De...Declan?" I nearly whispered, not believing what I saw. Declan smiled weakly at me.

"Miss me?" He asked, still smiling. I laughed and threw my arms around his neck excitedly, causing Declan to groan and tense up. I quickly retracted my arms.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry!" I yelped, and he chuckled again.

"It's fine, Love," He said, then he grew serious. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Nineteen days and four hours..." I told him. His frown deepened.

"We have to get back to Ireland. I've been gone for far too long..." He told me, attempting to lift himself over the edge of his bed.

I immediately put my hands out to stop him. "No. We're not leaving until you're ready." I told him, no humor in my voice. He gave me an incredulous look.

"My pack needs me. It's my job to take care of them and I---." I cut him off.

"We're not leaving yet, Declan. Not when you're like this. Besides, I'm sure you're pack would want their Alpha to get well again, not to come home injured." I told him. After a moment he sighed and moved back down onto the bed.

"Fine..." He said, almost pouting. I resisted the urge to chuckle at him. "But on one condition..."

I raised my eyebrow. "And this condition would be?" I asked, and he smirked at me.

"Lay with me." He said. I smiled at him and sat down on the bed then, being careful not to mess with Declan's IV, layed down. I put my head on Declan's chest and he wrapped his good arm around me. I started to feel tired, finally at ease laying next to my mate.

"Is this better?" I asked him, and he nodded, now looking at me.

"Much better..." He replied, nuzzling against my hair. "Now go to sleep. You look tired as hell."

I gave him a small laugh and turned into him a little more, enjoying how warm he was.

"I'm glad you're okay..." I whispered as I started to drift off, and Declan pulled me closer to him.

Then I fell asleep listening to the sound of my mate's thankfully steady heart beat.

***********

When I woke up Declan's arm was still around me. I smiled and moved in closer to him, liking how warm he was.

I had missed him. Especially my wolf. Even when I was mad at him, locked up in my room I had missed him, and I was so happy he was back.

A few minutes passed before the door to Declan's room burst open, revealing Quinn and Colin. They both gave me confused looks, probably wondering why I was laying down with him.

'He woke up...' I mouthed to them, smiling. Quinn gasped and started to grin and jump up and down, quietly of course, but she still looked violently happy. Colin grinned at her and then looked up at his Alpha.

It was when Colin set down the bag they had brought when Declan woke up. He pulled me closer to him protectively before looking up and spotted the two of them. He loosened his grip and smiled.