Chapter 4: No Time For Breakfast

(AN): Hi! I started this chapter the night I uploaded chapter 3 because I COULD NOT WAIT. It was kinda funny... Anyway... Pic of Shane Miles (Joel Courtney) on the side! ==>

***********

Chapter 4

Evangeline's POV... Again...

I woke up in someone's arms.

Turning my head a bit, I found Declan nuzzled against my neck. It was almost peaceful for a moment, but then I remembered the events of last night.

Slowly, I reached up and touched my neck where it was sore, hoping it didn't actually happen, but when I felt dried blood, any hope of running from Declan vanished. I would never be able to leave him.

I felt tears quietly make their way down my cheeks.

He forced us...I thought to my wolf. She wasn't happy about it either, but she was relieved I could never try to leave Declan again.

Maybe it's for the best...She thought back to me.

I wiped the tears on my cheek and tried to get up, only to be held down by Declan. I attempted to move his arm off of me but he only grunted and nuzzled deeper into my neck.

Sighing loudly, I practically pushed his arm off of me, which did nothing but wake him up.

"Evangeline. Love, go back to sleep..." He said, yawning. He shifted his arm on me and I used that one second to jump up from the bed, causing a low growl to escape his throat.

"Evangeline. Get back here." He said, sitting up. Ignoring him, I looked at the mirror on the wall and studied the mark. Tears once again started rolling down my cheeks.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and looked up to see Declan holding me, in nothing but his sweatpants.

"Isn't it beautiful? Now every male will know that you're mine..." He said, kissing my neck.

He looked up again and saw I was crying. His smile disappeared.

"Evangel---"

"You forced me..." I told him quietly, my voice breaking. "How could you?"

Declan looked like he didn't know what to say. "I... I had to. I can't lose you, Evangeline. I won't. I need you with me." He told me, moving me around so we were facing eachother. He wiped away my tears with his thumb.

He pulled me closer and tried to kiss me but I turned my head. Then, pushing him away from me, I started to walk back towards the bed to sit down, but Declan pulled me back.

Once again I tried to push him away from me but he only tightened his grip on my waist.

"Will you just let me go!?!" I snapped at him, pushing away. I continued to struggle in his hold for a few more minutes before he sighed in frustration.

"Will you stop resisting me already?!? We're meant to be together!" He yelled at me, causing me to look at him. "All I want is for you to give me a goddamn chance but you can't even do that!"

I glared at him. "I would have if you hadn't marked me like that!" I yelled back, and he winced.

"Listen... I... I panicked. I'm sorry. I would have preferred something more... Romantic..." He told me, pulling me closer. "And besides, you didn't really give me a choice did you? You ran away, and as I said before I will not lose you."

I looked in his eyes, which held nothing but determination and love.

He really did love me already.