Chapter 22: No One Ever Blames The Wolf

(AN): WHERE ARE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING?!?

Jk... I'm totally not Batman... Or am I? O_o

Pic of Shane (Joel Courtney) on the side.

*************************

Chapter 22

Shane's POV

"Hey! You!" I heard someone shout as I walked out of my school. I turned around and saw a girl walk up to me.

"Hello?" I asked.

"What did Mary ever do to you!?" She asked. I raised my eyebrow.

"Mary? What do you---" I suddenly remembered our plan to meet after school on Friday. "Oh I..."

"Yea... You completely got her hopes up you bloody idiot!" She yelled. "Jerk..." She brushed past me.

Well then. I thought. After a moment of watching her walk away, I decided to go find Mary and set things straight.

I found her sitting by the brick wall of the school building, after about five minutes of walking around. She just sat there, slouched against the wall, looking at her hands.

A pang of guilt shot through me. I really hadn't meant to forget about our plans. I slowly walked over to her.

"Mary?" I said quietly. She looked up a bit but after she saw my face she looked back down.

"Hi Shane." She mumbled. I just awkwardly stood there for a moment, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand as I decided what to say.

"Um... Mary..." I started. "I really am very sorry about Friday..." She continued to look down.

"I really didn't mean to forget about you. Erm...." I mumbled on, at a loss for words. "Would you uh... Like to hang out now? School just got out and I think my Aunt planned on baking some stuff." She looked up at me, and after a moment gave me a small smile.

"Sure." She said. I smiled at her and offered a hand to help her up, which she took, and we started to walk home.

****************

Evangeline's POV

The oven pinged behind me, letting me know my cookies were done baking.

I had promised Shane I would make some for him when he got home after I lost a bet over how many times Dean makes a model face in the pilot episode of Supernatural.

After I let the cookies cool off for a while, I placed them on a plate and waited for Shane to get home. What I really wanted to do was go outside. Just go running or for a walk in the forest like I did back home. My wolf was craving it but my too damn overprotective mate made sure there were men posted outside the house who wouldn't permit me to leave.

I felt like a prisoner in my new home and it sucked.

I hadn't let Declan sleep in our room for the past week either. Well actually my original plan was to sleep on the couch, not wanting to deal with my mate, but when he saw me dragging a pillow down the stairs he took it from me and slept on the couch himself. (AN: Quick shout out to Neha188)

I fucking hated it when he did that; acting all gentleman-like when I was pissed at him. It was making it extremely difficult to remain angry with him, but he needed to learn that I wasn't one to be controlled. And he sure as hell wouldn't yell at my nephew for something that wasn't his fault.

I felt a protective wave flash through me and my wolf almost growled, which suprised me.

He's my nephew too, you know. She told me. A small smile spread across my face. My wolf was with me on this one.

I looked up from the plate of cookies when I heard a door swing open, expecting to see Shane walk in. Instead, my mate stared back at me.

I awkwardly looked away and pretended to wipe off the counter, glancing back up at Declan, who just stood there, watching me, and trying to conceal an amused smile.