Chapter 8: Suprise!!!

(AN): Hey! Pic of Dylan Aherne (Ewan McGregor) On the side! ===> 

*****************

Chapter 8

Evangeline's POV

I woke up with dried tears on my face, only to find my window had been permanently closed while I'd slept.

What I found funny was that there were two guards standing outside of my door while one of the men from last night stood below my window on the ground, but there was no Declan.

A pang of guilt sounded in my stomach as I remembered our fight last night.

You shouldn't have said that... Can't you feel your mate's pain? My wolf asked.

As she said that, I felt a tug on my mating bond, a wave of emotions starting to follow. Anger, frustration, sadness, pain... And yet love.

Declan still loved me. After all the bullshit I said to him last night.

Of course he does. No one but the Goddess herself could take away his love for you. No matter what you do to him, he will always love you. My wolf told me.

I need to find him. I decided after a moment of thinking.

I jumped up from my spot on the bed and walked over to the door. Opening it, I watched as the two men from Declan's pack blocked my exit.

"I'm sorry, Luna. But you are not permitted to leave." One of them told me. His accent was a little deeper than Declan's.

"Listen, I'm just trying to go find my mate." I told them.

"He's in a meeting with Alpha Grey and Beta Ross." He replied. I gave him a pleading look.

"This is important. Can you please take me to him?" I asked, using a small amount of puppy eyes. They looked at each other for a moment, deciding what they should do.

"Alright fine. But we're coming with you." The one who spoke earlier told me, backing away to let me through.

"By the way, I'm Ronan, and this is Shaun." He continued, motioning to his partner.

"Nice to meet you, Luna." Shaun said as we walked down the hallway.

"Same to both of you. You can call me Evangeline or Ev if you want. It doesn't matter either way." I told them.

"Yes Lun...Uh, Evangeline. Sorry." Shaun said. I smiled at him.

"It's okay," I said. "Sorry you guys are stuck on babysitting duty though."

"Eh, we don't mind. It's our job to keep you safe." Ronan told me. I gave him a small smile.

We continued the rest of our walk in silence. I came to a stop as we neared the meeting room door, sensing Declan's presence from behind it.

I was about to open it when I heard my dad speak.

"If Alpha Vincent decides to attack our pack, none of our wolves will be safe. His pack is the second strongest in North America. And frankly we don't stand a chance. We need your help." He said.

I could feel how hard Declan was thinking. After a moment he spoke. "Fine. I'll send word to my pack in Ireland to send over some of my wolves," He said. "But we're leaving as soon as this is over. I've been away from my pack for too long."

"I understand, Declan. And I appreciate this. Truly, I do." Alpha Grey said.

I could hear them start to stand up when my dad spoke. "Wait. What about my daughter?"