Chapter 23: Hormones And Like, Twenty Cats

(AN): Erm... So yes. This is me updating. What a truly rare sight indeed.

Pic of William Kerrigan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) on the side.

Also, I changed Evangeline's dad from Johnny Depp to Liam Neeson, mostly because Liam Neeson is the bomb diggity and also because I finally deemed Johnny Depp to be too young to play her father. Also, I've changed William Kerrigan so that he's from Ireland and not Scotland like I originally wrote. I was gonna have a subplot about that but decided to cancel it. So he's Irish now.

Anyway, enjoy.

******************

Shane's POV

"So... This is my place. Well not really my place but my Uncle's place where I just happen to stay at so I guess it's technically my place seeing as though we're related---" Mary giggled at me and I stopped talking.

"It's great." She laughed.

"Heh." I replied, looking away and scratching the back of my neck. I set down my backpack near one of the chairs and Mary put hers down too.

"So... I think I smell the cook---"

"Sunshine!" I heard a voice call. I looked up to see Evangeline come running down the staircase.

"No." I said.

"Not sunshine either? Okay." She said. She turned to look at Mary.

"Erm... This is---" She cut me off.

"Is this Mary!?" She asked.

"Well if you had let me fini--"

"I'm so happy to meet you!" Evangeline said, shaking Mary's hand. "Shane has told me so much---"

"OI OKAY." I interrupted quickly and grabbed Mary's shoulder, steering her away. "NOW THAT WE'VE ALL MET EACHOTHER LET'S GO EAT SOME COOKIES SHALL WE!?" I put my arm around Mary's shoulder, keeping her from turning back and started walking into the kitchen, but not before I turned around and glared at Ev, who just grinned at me.

I pulled out a chair for Mary once we got into the kitchen and grabbed us both some plates. Soon after, Evangeline and my uncle walked in.

He looked at the back of Mary's head, confused, before Evangeline whispered something into his ear, causing him to make an "Ooooh" face. I glared at both of them and they both just grinned at me.

"So! Is this the lovely Mary my dear nephew has been talking about?!" Declan boomed, causing Mary to turn around and greet them. Jumping in rage, I glared even harder at both of them and banged my head on the table in exasperation, picking it up just before Mary turned back to look at me. I forced a smile and walked towards them.

"Yes. This is Mary." I said through my teeth. "Mary, this is my Uncle Declan."

"It's nice to meet you, Alpha." Mary said.

"No need for the title, lass." He smiled at her, wrapping a loose arm around his mate. I finally spoke up.

"So um... Mary and I both have homework to do so we're going to go to the game room and do that so I'll see both of you later." I said quickly, pulling Mary along with me as I made an escape.

"Alright! Have fun!" Evangeline called.

"But not too much fun!!!" My uncle said after her, and I heard both of them erupt into laughter after they thought we were far enough away.

******************

Evangeline's POV

"Well I like her." I said. Declan nodded.

"Aye." He replied, kissing my forehead.

"I think we embarrassed him." I told him. Declan chuckled.

"That's our job." He said. I smiled up at him. "Now... Seeing as though I'm currently a sex-deprived mate... Why don't we head upstairs for some no-kids-allowed fun time?" He kissed me and I moaned my approval into his mouth.

He picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder before damn-near sprinting towards our bedroom. I laughed hysterically when he almost fell down the stairs.

"Drop me and you'll stay sex-deprived!" I yelled at him, and he growled as he set me down at the top of the stairs, pulling me close to him.

"Don't even joke about that..." He mumbled against my neck, placing small kisses near my Mark.

He inhaled deeply and I could've sworn he almost purred.

"Jesus. You ARE sex-deprived." I laughed. He placed another kiss on my neck before abruptly pulling away, not letting go of me, but just far enough to lose the tension.

"You.. Smell different..." He said, confusedly looking at my neck. He inhaled again and gave me a side-ways glance.

"When... When did you last um..." He started.

"When did I last what?" I asked.

"The um... The thing... When did you last... Menstruate?" He asked.

My blood ran cold.

"Oh shit. Oh shit. OH SHIT. Oh shit," I said. "Oh SHiT."

Declan just stood there, seemingly frozen while I continued my meltdown.

"OOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT." I yelled. "I'M ONLY EIGHTEEN. WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO WITH A BABY? DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE A BABY IS? THEY TAUGHT US ALL ABOUT THIS SHIT IN HEALTH CLASS. MOON GODDESS MY DAD IS TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDPA. OH GOD MY DAD. WHAT AM I GONNA TELL HIM!? HE'S GONNA KILL YOU SO HARD---"

"Love!" I faintly heard Declan yell.

"I'M GONNA GET FAT. OH GODDESS THAT MEANS I'M GONNA HAVE TO EXERCISE. DECLAN I DON'T LIKE RUNNING. AND OH MY GOD THE HORMONES ARE GOING TO DRIVE ME INSANE." I continued to rant.

"Love!!!" Declan yelled again, I ignored him.

"NO BUT I'M SERIOUS THE HORMONES, MAN. YOU CAN'T LET A KITTEN INTO MY LINE OF SIGHT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS OR ELSE WE'RE GONNA WIND UP WITH LIKE TWENTY CATS IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. OH GODDESS THEN WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF TWENTY CATS AND A BABY. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT'S GONNA COST? OH GOD WHAT ARE WE GOING TO NAME THEM ALL---"

"LOVE!" Declan yelled.

"WHAT!?" I yelled back.

"WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY." He yelled.

"OH MY GODDESS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY." I yelled. Then we stood there for a while and just stared at each other before breaking out into hysterical laughter.

Declan grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, giving me a long kiss. We broke apart and I smiled at him for a second before panic overcame my face.

"Oh goddess." I said.

"What's wrong?" Declan asked.

"What are we gonna tell Shane?"

*******************

(AN): So yes... I just kind of started writing and that came out. It came as a surprise to me too.