Chapter 13: Final Goodbyes

(AN): Hey pretty people! Pic of Shane (Joel Courtney), whom you still haven't met yet, on the side! ===>

************

Chapter 13

Evangeline's POV

I woke up to my wolf howling inside of me and an incredibly warm feeling spreading throughout my body.

I curled up into a ball, trying to contain myself. A few moments passed and the heat just started getting hotter and hotter. Then it started to burn.

Mate!!! My wolf yelled, just before another burst of heat spread through me. I cried out, accidentally waking Quinn up.

"Ev? What's wrong?" She asked worriedly, putting her hand on my arm. I hissed in pain.

"Don't touch me! I think... I think I'm in heat..." I groaned, gritting my teeth. Her eyes widened.

"I'll go get Declan!" She told me while getting up from the bed, but I grabbed her arm.

"No! It's... It's fine... Don't go bother him." I told her, ignoring the intense burning sensation my hand felt when I touched her skin. When a female goes into heat, touching or getting touched by any other wolf except your mate hurt like hell.

"I think... It'll end soon..." I said in-between breaths, and she gave me another worried look.

Although I loved Declan to death, there was an annoying feeling in the back of my head reminding me of what happened the last time I was in heat. And although the conscious part of me would never admit it, I was afraid of how Declan would react to seeing me like this. Would he take me forcefully like when he Marked me?

I quickly pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

"Ev, you need your mate. It's not going to stop until he's with you..." She told me. That was when the aching sensation in my abdomen exploded, filling the lower part of me with an intense amount of pressure, and causing me to moan loudly. I couldn't respond to her, it was just too hard to speak.

I pulled my legs in closer to my chest, letting go of Quinn's arm. This was nothing like I've ever felt before. It was even worse than when I felt Declan's pain after he had fought Alpha Vincent.

A few incredibly uncomfortable minutes passed and the currents of pain just kept coming, hitting me like waves on a beach... During a tsunami...

I was gritting my teeth so hard I was afraid I might crack a tooth. Then, out of no where, a calming relief spread throughout my body, numbing most of my misery.

I found the strength to adjust my head and turned to find Declan on the bed next to me. Quinn was no where in sight.

Arghhh! Quinn! I thought to myself, silently promising to get back at her.

"Mate." Declan said, and I looked up into his eyes, which were now solid gold. My eyes widened as I started to think about what he was going to do.

"Mine..." He said before pinning my hands up above my head and leaning down to nip at my Mark, all the while climbing on top of me possessively.

I yelped in suprise, which was when Declan brought his lips up from my neck, and crushed them onto my own. I quickly found myself to be kissing him back, completely forgetting about my pointless fear.

He softly bit my lower lip and I let him in, which he took advantage of, and deepened the kiss. A moment later he started to trail his way back down my neck, pausing to nip at my earlobe, then continued back down to my Mark again.