Chapter 14: Meeting New People

(AN): Helloooo! Pic of William Kerrigan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), who you will meet soon, on the side! ===>

**********

Chapter 14

Evangeline's POV

I quickly wiped away any tears that were on my face as I hurried back to the commons.

When I got there, Ronan and Shaun were no where in sight.

Shit! I thought, spinning around as I tried to find them. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around only to find Declan standing behind me. He quickly grabbed my waist and brought me closer to him.

"Where were you?" He demanded. I fought the urge to flinch at the tone in his voice.

"No where... I was just saying goodbye to a few of my friends in private." I replied. I felt bad about lying to him but I knew that if he found out the truth he would flip. I could tell he didn't believe me but he let the subject drop. I probably smelt like Keith.

"You still should've stayed with Ronan and Shaun..." He mumbled as we started to walk towards the Pack House.

"Sorry." I said, and tightened my grip on his arm.

When we got there, I found all of my stuff already in the car, along with Quinn's. Now all I had to do was say goodbye to my dad and whoever else came to bid us farewell.

I let go of my mate's arm and ran over to my dad, making him grunt at the impact of my hug. I laughed at him as he put his arms around me as well. Quite a few moments passed before he let go.

"I'll miss ya, sweetheart." He said. I looked up at him.

"I'll miss you too, dad." I replied and hugged him again. This hug was shorter, due to the fact that I knew if I stayed here any longer I wouldn't want to leave, and I was afraid of changing my mind.

"Don't worry though, because I'll call you constantly and probably in the middle of the night just to say hi so... Yea... You have a lot to look forward to." I told him, laughing. He smiled at me.

"I'll bet I do..." He replied. I smiled at him again before kissing his cheek and walking back towards Declan, who put his arms around my waist again.

"You better take care of her." My father threatened, his voice low. I couldn't really tell if he was serious or not.

"I've already promised that I would." My mate replied, before smiling at me. My father nodded and smiled at us as he watched us get into the SUV. Declan closed the door behind me and walked over to the other side.

He started up the car and I waved to my dad as we drove down the rocky road, out of my father's territory.

************

"Oh my MG! EV! Wake up and look outside!" Quinn yelled, waking me up. The first thing I noticed was that Declan was no longer holding me like he was a when I fell asleep on his chest.

"The guys went to the back of the plane. I think they're getting drinks or something." Quinn told me, and I nodded. Apparently Declan's pack had sent a private plane for us to travel in, and me and Quinn were definitely not expecting how nice it was going to be. Ronan and Shaun were traveling with us as well, but they had passed out a few hours ago.

"Ev! Look outside already! I think we're landing!" She yelled excitedly. I rolled my eyes at her and grudgingly sat up and opened the blind on the window.

I blinked a few times, getting adjusted to the light then gasped, my eyes widening.

Everything was so green! There were huge hills and mountains and fields filled with flowers... And everything looked so healthy. We passed over a body of water and watched as a large bluff passed by us. It was perfect. Everything was so beautiful I could feel myself slowly falling in love with just the landscape.