Chapter 16

Editing courtesy of Yeeticantbebothered

Crush, went every autumn leaf I stepped on. All around me, trees lost their leaves to the course of nature.

Soon, I found myself face to face with an old Chinese wooden door. I knocked on the door gently and behind the door, I could hear many locks opening.

The door opened revealing the frail figure of Frank's grandmother.

"Mars." I said simply. Frank's Zhang grandmother nodded her head in understanding and welcomed me in.

"Fai!" She shouted, "Dinner!"

The creaking sound of rotten wood was to be heard along with heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. The Canadian baby man walked down the stairs with a smile on his face along with Leo and Piper.

"Hello, Frank!" I chirped.

"Hello, random stranger." Frank replied unsurely.

Piper and Leo held in a snicker as I gave them a questioning look.

"My name is Percy." I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Hello Percy, I guess my grandma told you my name." Frank sat down on the chair of the dining table.

I nodded my head as Frank's grandmother walked out of the kitchen with steaming, hot food. My mouth almost watered.

Piper sat to my left and Leo to my right with Frank opposite me.

"I don't suppose you have blue food?" I asked Frank's grandmother hopefully.

Frank's grandmother shook her head before giving me a look like I was senile. Yeah, she's totally not judging me at all.

"Anyways, Frank. Your grandmother wanted to congratulate you for your good behaviour and as a reward gave you this sweet," I pulled out the candy.

Frank took the candy from my hand and popped it into his mouth.

Suddenly, a cannonball whisked across the dining room with a loud thump, "Demigods, demigods, delicious food."

"Die demigods!" Another cannonball smashed into the house missing Leo by a hair width.

"Stop it! I'm too hot to die," Leo screamed setting himself ablaze.

"No Leo! Don't burn!" I commanded quickly as sparks flew from his body.

"Why not?" Leo smirked and threw multiple fireballs to the laistrygonian. "Boom!"

"Fire plus wooden house equals no house," I sighed, exasperated.

"Oh," Leo huffed and smothered the flames on himself. Unfortunately, it was too late the entire house was burning to a crisp.

Frank with his memories back, turned to me and nodded. He grabbed his bow and quiver, nocking an arrow, firing it towards the Laistrygonian.

"Rinse and repeat!" I shouted to Frank.

I grabbed Frank's grandmother and evacuated her out of the house, "Where's the firewood?"

Frank's grandmother pulled out of her pocket a piece of wood wrapped in cloth. I took the firewood from her hand and place it into my pocket.

I uncapped Riptide and turned to the Laistrygonian painted with numerous arrows, "Hey! Big boy! Has anyone ever told you that you're so fat and ugly that you would turn Medusa into stone!" Percy laughed.

The Laistrygonian roared in anger and chased me, I waited till the Laistrygonian was close enough than summoned a wave of water from a nearby lake. The Laistrygonian stumbled, confused by the water, in that moment, i leaped forward and stabbed it's heart. "Take that ya bloody Canadian!"

After that, I condensed the water around me to form a massive quantity of water that was settling over the burning house. I let it go and immediately, the water cascaded over every inch of the wooden house, putting out the fire, though sadly not saving the house.

Frank stepped out of the house or what used to be a house was now a giant pile of ashes completely drenched. "Where's my Grandmother?" Frank looked around worriedly before his eyes saw his Grandma standing next to me with a blank expression.

"Sorry for the house," Leo came out with his clothes covered in soot and water

"You own my Grandma a house, Leo."

"Your grandma can stay in New Rome," Piper added, standing behind Leo.

"I guess so," Frank shrugged.

"Okay, grab onto me, I'll shadow travel," The three demigods and Frank's grandmother grabbed onto me as I shadow travelled them to Camp Jupiter.

Frank, Piper, Leo, and Frank's grandmother all threw up, "Is my shadow travelling really that bad."

They all nodded their head in unison, "I'll leave you here at the Caldecott tunnel. I have to go to Camp Half-Blood."

A crowd of campers circled around the Pinecone tree, "Annabeth! Annabeth! Annabeth!" They cheered.

Ignoring the cries of the campers, I walked towards the big house.

There Chiron stayed in his centaur form. "Hello, Chiron," I plopped myself onto a beanbag chair.

Instinctively, Chiron nocked an arrow and furrowed his eyebrows, "Who are you? A spy for Kronos!"

Ignoring the question and accusation, "Where is the satyr who was resurrected!" I ordered.

Chiron narrowed his eyes, "Why do you need to see..." Chiron was interrupted by the Annabeth barging in.

"Chiron! I want a cabin for myself!" Annabeth whined.

"No! You are not a goddess!"Chiron denied.

Annabeth glared at Chiron, a vein in her forehead wanting to pop out, before looking at me, pointing a finger at me, "Who are you!"

"It's rude to point, didn't your father teach you that?" I retorted, ignoring the question once more. I stood up and slapped Annabeth and tossed Chiron a candy, "Eat it."

Chiron popped it into his mouth without question as my sword was at Annabeth's jugular and Chiron could not bear to lose 'His prized student'.

Chiron's eyes widened before answering the question, "He's in the infirmary, not satyr, Camp Jupiter."

I nodded my head understanding what Chiron was interpreting as Annabeth was standing right there.

Annabeth folded her arms and glared at me, "What does that mean! Tell me! I am the daughter of Athena!"

"Shut it, you egotistical brat." I capped riptide and sauntered out of the big house to the infirmary.