7: Going out of town (Solo Leveling Arc)

(Releasing this chapter as a make up to the delay of part 1 final chapter. Remember, OC is based on a Manhwa named 'The Player that can't level up'. Love it, has the same premise of Solo Leveling but done differently and has executed well because of it. Read it, highly recommend it.)

Level 43. A level that took so long because of the whole sharing experience with his swords. Ethan hunted so many magic beasts day and night even between breaks in school, but it still wasn't enough to reach level 50. If he needed to reach that level, he must ring the Academy that he's going out of town indefinitely. He'll just lie that it's a family thing when not. After 2 weeks since Riser's announcement of defeat, Rias moves in with the Hyodo's when Ethan rejected of the choice but it was 3 to 1, that being Issei's parents and Issei himself. So much for a voting system. A month and 2 week has passed since gaining the System, more so to believe it's was created for him and only for him. No one else can see what Ethan sees. Alyssa has acted strange these past couple of weeks, mainly the fact Ethan hangs around with Tsubaki or Akeno on separate occasions during the days so she come up with a plan. Elms has no idea what this'll be.

"Good morning, Ethan!" Miki blessed him

"Morning mom! Morning, dad!" Ethan hugged his foster mother and father "Rias. Issei. Morning Asia!"

He greeted respectfully to three people but left out the other two. Ethan searches the cabinet for some bread, then moved onto the refrigerator for any chicken breast (used in sandwiches), mayo, lettuce, and that's it.

"E-Ethan, care to try Rias' cooking? She's very good." Gorou offered to switch his breakfast

"I'm fine, dad. Thanks for offering." Ethan politely refuses "three sandwiches fills me up."

After that, it was time for school as usual, every 200 something days a year until graduations. Wanna know what happened during the week? Elms gathered the guts one needed to ask a girl out, and that girl....was non other than Akeno. To her response....

(Sorry, Ethan. I have no interest in dating or falling in love.)

.......My heartbreak is grief that comes in waves, gruelling, stealing appetite and sleep alike. It is a shard in my guts that never leaves, though perhaps in time the edges will dull. It feels like death just the same as bereavement and in quiet moments it chokes the breath from my body and short circuits my mind. What was once whole is shattered; where once was peace is emptiness, echoes of a love I put my everything into. With each passing day you take another step away though I asked you to show some sign of caring, affection, of love. All you bring is anger, suspicion and an averted gaze. My only 'crime' was to not be able to cope with your rage, with the words you allowed to spill unchecked. I have always done my best for you and, even now, still am. Inadequate as you find me, this is my best, it is all that is left of a once a proud and strong soul - fragments on the floor, scared that the next wind will blow them away ~(Ethan)

Too deep, kid. Too deep. Best not to dwell on a rejection ~(Ian)

Master, what will you do now? Is it the best to drop this whole love? ~(Elle)

To relieve his pain, the instant dungeon was there for him. Releasing every tension of his heartache onto killing Draugrs, Trolls, ogres, knights, whilst climbing to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor in a day. Impressive performance for someone under level 50. Let's not forget about his ability to raise the dead and make them into soldiers.

Name: Ethan Elms
Level: 43
Class: Magic Swordsman,
Shadow Monarch
Title: Hunter
HP: 13,892