ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴜᴘ→ ꜱᴀɪᴋɪ ᴋᴜꜱᴜᴏ

to

Warning: angst

Aren sat next to Saiki, whose eyes were glued on something across the field. the lunch bell had rung minutes prior and you were sitting with your friends trying to snatch back the sandwich Chisato stole from you.

"I'm alright," he replied, looking down at the drink he held before he fixes his gaze and watches you smile, eat, drink and laugh with the people you actually wanted to be with

It has been a while since he saw you this happy. You still mattered to him more than ever and seeing you laugh still gave him butterflies. When you walked into the room this morning? He smiled. He smiled and felt happy seeing you, hearing your thoughts about buying coffee jelly after class, and even asked himself if he could join you.

"You'll get over her soon" Kaido caught him staring at you and laid his covered hand on Saiki's shoulder when spoke fondly

Now Kusuo was on his way home, and suddenly he had a flashback of how the both of you used to sing in the backseat of the car, his mom always calling him downstairs whenever you would come over or simply having the time of your lives. Or when he was so frustrated with the things happening around him and you were the only person he ever held onto.

He even started to remember all the promises you both made, from the beginning of your relationship to the last day you both loved each other. Soon the rain poured down him, soaking his attire and camouflaging his tears. Being with you was the only time he ever felt this happy emotion, starting from the songs you would recommend him, your trips to the cafe to eat coffee jelly, your hugs, and kisses, the silly jokes, the way you smile at him and just overall existing.

Where did it go wrong? The canceled trips? Is Kokomi barely stealing his attention? Nendo stealing his time? Was it the purposely avoided calls or the missed dates to buy those coffee jelly for two promos?

whatever it was, he just knew your heart dropped looking at someone who wasn't him. He knew you were just staying to make him happy because you didn't have the courage to say anything. He knew his jokes no longer made you laugh and that his absence made you feel at peace instead of longing. He broke up with you and saw a glint of happiness in your eyes