ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ ᴅᴇᴄᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ → ꜱʜᴜɴ ᴋᴀɪᴅᴏᴜ

!male reader for all my guy's out there!

Y/n really had been meaning to get the house decorated just a few days before Christmas Eve but shit had happened, and time had flown from his clutches, so now it was the 22nd of December, and he was focused, trying to get his flat nice and festive looking for Christmas.

but of course, how life always is, it was hard

It just seemed like an impossible task. he'd already been at it all day: now it was mid-afternoon and he wasn't even halfway done.

he was actually starting to lose his mind. he was standing in the kitchen, trying to make himself go back out there and carry on decorating the living room...and failing.

No matter how hard he tried to psyche himself up, telling himself that the sooner he went out and started the sooner he would be finished...but he still found himself standing in front of the kitchen counter, unable to face it. It felt like such an insurmountable job, he just couldn't deal with it.

Y/n sank into one of the chairs at the kitchen table, burying his head in his hands.

he'd really wanted to make Christmas at least a little bit special. he was on his own this year; he'd broken up with his long-time girl-friend in November, his family were sick and had told him to stay away, to stop him from getting sick, and his roommates had all gone back to their own family, and all Y/n had wanted was to make the few days he was going to be on his own feel a little bit less miserable.

Fairy lights and tinsel weren't going to make up for the fact he was on his own, he knew that but Y/n had been hoping that at least it would make the place a little less gloomy...but instead, all he'd done was make himself feel more depressed, and totally defeated.

he was honestly wishing he'd never even bothered...

It felt like he was destined to be miserable this Christmas, and that there was no point in doing anything to try and change that. he was going to end up sad anyway.

Y/n was so lost in his misery that he didn't hear the key in the lock of the front door – only lifting his head when a familiar voice shrieked out: "Y/n is- i-is that you!?"

kaidou?

There was no reason for kaidou to be in Y/n's flat; he was supposed to be going back to his family's place for Christmas. They'd gone to get drinks as a 'farewell' thing last week, the night before he'd gotten on the train – and he'd been sending him texts about all the family drama the whole time he'd been there.

"kaidou? What are you doing here?"

kaidou dropped a bag at his feet, and treated Y/n with a nervous smile: "uh- y'know you're  t-the p-partner of the Great and powerful jet black wings! and uh-Well-," kaidou's rambling had stopped before opening his mouth to continue "you were sounding pretty down about not being able to go back to your parents' house for Christmas, and my parent's place was getting pretty full, so...I thought I'd come and spend Christmas with you if you wanted, I mean I could leave if you don't want me here but..."

Y/n's heart melted.

kaidou was, and always had been, a good friend...but this was a whole new level. he knew kaidou really valued spending Christmas with his parents, now he lived in a different part of the country to them.

you crossed the hallway and grabbed kaidou in a tight hug, smiling against his shoulder when he instantly hugged you back.

"You didn't have to do that."

"I- well I mean-" kaidou blushed  "I wanted to. No partner of mine is going to be alone on Christmas!"

If you had thought your heart had melted before...by now it was just a puddle of goo.