Chapter 8

"So, did you talk to Ms. Miruchi and her children?" Akaashi-senpai asked. I nodded fast to his question. Soon we went to school and got separated from Bokuto-senpai and Akaashi-senpai. Everyone stared at me at school. I don't blame them. Of course, they are going to be surprised a girl who can't show emotions is now showing it. But I was embarrassed, though. I said bye to my senpais and went to my class. 

"You must be really happy, Momo! You are showing out your emotions!" My sensei said. I gave her a warm smile. 

I have noticed ever since I joined Nekoma a girl would always stare at me. Whenever she tried to talk to me, she was always interrupted by someone. I thought of talking to her after class. The class did go fast, though.

"H-hey!" I said, going to her table. 

"Oh, Momo! Hi!" She said. "I have been wanting to talk to you ever since you first came!" 

"Right, I have seen you try, so I thought of coming myself!" I snorted.

"Want to be friends! This school is filled with  many boring humans...you don't seem like someone fun. Kinda my type...so what ya say?" She asks me. I mean, she would be my first friend who is a girl. 

"You know what, why not? To be honest with you, I legit have no friends that are girls ever in my life," I said, giggling. 

"Well, now I feel special," She says and we both laugh together. 

"Want to have lunch together?" I asked her and she nods. We go outside and sat down at the corner of the school.

"By the way? What's your name?" I asked her.

"Oh, right, my name is Mei Somuki, call me Mei!" She says. 

"Mei? Isn't that your first name I mean we just met?" I said

"Yeah! can I call you by your first name too!!" She asks kneeling to me. I nodded. Then a girl and her friend come.

"Oh look, the tomboy finally found a friend, the emotionless bitch," A random girl says. She is pretty popular, but not that much. 

"Excuse me, I think you may be blind and deaf. As you can see, Momo isn't emotionless and she never was. She just wasn't able to show her emotions but now she can," I heard someone say. I and Mei looked around and the volleyball team is there. Come on! Can I at least deal with something by myself? I smacked myself with my hand. 

"How long have you guys been spying on me?" I asked.

"Pretty much the whole time," Kenma-senpai says. 

"I know how to fight, you guys know that, right?" I asked them.

"Yeah, but you have weakness spots!" Aniki Lev.

"Oni-chan!!" I whined. "Those spots are barely touched."

"Besides, you still have a hip which is not fully healed," Kuroo-senpai says.  

"You have so many people that are overprotective about you," Mei whispers to me and giggles.

"This team isn't the only team that is overprotective about me, all the teams my older brothers are on are protective about to," I whined. Then I an idea. 

"Mei! be the volleyball team manager with me!" I said, holding her hands. 

"Yeah! 2 Hotties as managers!" Yamamoto-san says and Kuroo-senpai smacks his head.

"If I get to stay with you then yeah!" She said. Yes! I won't be dying anymore from these protective cats. Soon lunch was over and we went back to class. Anyways, the class went by quickly as well. After class, I took Mei to the volleyball court and she signed up to be a manager.