Chapter 11: The Past.

They sat on Damon's sofa as she began explaining everything. From the beginning. The truth. How her mother was a drunk, how she ran away to the cult for her brother and how he died because of her, how she spent the next 3 years scheming to get revenge, her years with Chase, how she killed him, and what had happened just now an hour ago. She held him close. She knew if she were to let him go, he would leave. She won't allow that. He told her to get off him. His voice was a thud to her. A sharp jaunty stone that tugged and pierced through her heart. She looked at his face to see a nasty look of disgust.

"Damon, please...please..dont look at me like that. I'm sorry for keeping this from you"

"You don't have to be sorry. It was my fault for staying here with you."

Damon got up, Ayla ran and gripped him from behind.

"I'm not letting you.."

"You don't understand...so get off me"

Damon told her that her brother's death wasn't her fault. What she did to Chase, it was revenge for her brother and all the other kids, and it worked, the cult was over. He told her to forget about it, and move on, with him. She did not need to hold him as he would stay with her no matter what,

She didn't tell him how much she loved Chase, what kind of person he was, she couldn't. She didn't want anyone to know about him other than her, he was hers.

Damon sighed, "I have something to tell you too." He told her about his father, how he was and what he did. How he was a murderer.

"That makes 2 of us." He grimly jokes

"That's a horrible way of making me feel better....you idiot"

They both chuckle.

"Jokes aside, that was pure self defence. It was either let your mother be killed, and maybe get killed yourself, or save her and kill your dad."

"Yeah."

They look at each other, mesmerised by the connection between them. They were both broken, hurt. They needed each other. And at last Damon fulfilled his late mother's wish.