Chapter 12: A few months later..

It's been 8 months since Ayla and Damon have been together, a relationship that had love but not one without obstacles. Many arguments, many apologies, many tears. They were both broken, they both had issues but they loved each other.

She sat on her sofa, sulking in her sorrow. They'd had another argument, one she knew was her fault. One she thought would be one of many to come, one he knew would be the last.

He'd had enough of her carefree attitude, he didn't know if it was his father's genes, or her bad habits but it became really difficult to live with her when she didn't listen to him. Why did she not understand he stopped her because he cared for her? He'd stopped her twice. He couldn't do it anymore, he couldn't  become the monster he feared his entire childhood.

Somewhere between the flicking of the channels, she fell asleep. head on the cold hand rest of her sofa. She was waiting for him to return, for him to tell her to stop, she promised herself that if he stopped her one more time, she'd listen. All those months she'd been with him, she quit partying, but caught a new habit.  Gambling. She wanted to care for herself because she finally had someone other than herself to live for someone who cared. 

Screaming. Chanting. Pleading. Apologising. Chase. She jerks up, her breathing staggered, her hands clammy and her body sweating. Whenever she'd have one of these nightmares, Damon was always there to help her. She looked around, he still wasn't home. With her body shivering, she managed to drag herself to her bedroom, and called him. No answer. She called again. No answer. The last time she tried the phone didn't even ring, it was turned off. He left her too. She spent the night crying on the floor, her head on the bed. She wanted to drown in her tears but eventually they ran out, and she once again fell into the dark hole of depression.