Chapter 19: Japan, A new beginning.

It had been 6 years since her death. He still remembered her everyday, but the pain had become bearable. He no longer spent his nights thinking about the worst, but he remembered the good parts. He'd sold off their homes and used the money to build a new organization to help for cancer, but he couldn't stay in that country without her, it was too much. So he packed and moved to Tokyo, a city so busy, no one had time for sorrow.

He sat outside the coffee shop, with an Espresso on his right, he typed on his laptop, focused completely on what lies ahead, it's what they would've wanted. Ayla, his mother and maybe deep down, somewhere hidden deep in his heart, he wanted it to. To move on from his sorrows. "THUD." He looked down to see a girl, who had a similar age to him, had tripped on his bag now on the floor. She was average height, short curly hair, shockingly prominent cheekbones.

"Look at where you put your stuff idiot!" She shouted.

"Maybe you should look where you're going." He said in a condescending deep tone.

She rolled her eyes and he smirked secretly, before looking at her.

"You made me spill my drink. Pay me-"

"I have no interest in you, leave." He said quite coldy testing her.

"You- Bastard.... I'm not leaving until you pay. You owe me."

Damon sighed, he picked up the bag the one the girl had tripped over and emptied its contents on to the floor. Inside was a tape recorder that had been smashed due to the sudden impact. He picked it up and showed it to her. Pointing at the recorder first, then to her. He smirked.

"Guess, you owe me now."

Her mouth remained open.

"No.....it means we are even."

She said despite sitting down next to him. Gesturing to the Waiter for her order of 2 lattes.

"You're paying." They said in unison before chuckling to each other as the cherry blossoms fell amidst the chill, morning breeze of Spring.

THE END.