Forty one

" so...? He's... dead?"
Sombra looked up at McCree from her bed as she had noticed his sad expression when he had entered the room.
" w..what?" McCree replied confused and walked over to her.
" Genji... is he?" She repeats, her heart beating faster as she truly was expecting the worst.
" no, he's alive... for now..." he replies and quietly leans his head in and gently puts his forehead onto hers. A shy blush crosses Sombra's face. She liked this...
" perhaps... you should be with him right now then..? I think he would need to see familiar faces when he wakes up" Sombra smiles as she shyly strokes McCree's chin, looking deeply into his eyes.
McCree went silent for quite some time until he gives her a very short reply.
" he can't..."
" what? He can't wake up? What do you mean?" Sombra was really confused by this, but she noticed the sadness in his eyes and knew this wasn't something good.
" how to explain this...? Poison? No cure, and blackwatch has no way of saving him... Angela is working in the labs to help him, but she's a kid, like us... how would she be able to make anything if the blackwatch doctors and scientists can't?" He mumbles as he closes his eyes to hide the pain.
" Jesse! Don't give up hope! Please!" She press her lips into his, warping both her arms around his neck, not allowing him to back off even tho he would never.
" if I can survive whatever they gave me not to long ago then so can he! And Angela is a genius! Have faith in her too!" She spoke as she pulled away after a good minute.
" y..you really think he can make it...?" Jesse spoke, a small spark of hope lighting up in his eyes.
" I've heard that faith can move mountains, anything is possible! It has to be!" She whispered.
" faith... how can faith do anything...?" McCree mumbles as this doesn't make sense.
" I don't know... perhaps a greater power..? A God? I don't know... but don't give it up, because at least we got something you can hold onto.." she gently strokes his hair as she tells him that.
" you believe that...?" He whispers to her.
Sombra quietly nods.
" okay... then I choose to have faith too."
A smile crosses her face and she gently pulls him in for another kiss.

She made sure that the door was locked one more time. She had given McCree a secret knocking sound if he wanted to enter, but other than that, nothing was to ever enter this room while she was actually working.
It was no secret, this was actually illegal, but that didn't matter. She was willing to be punished by blackwatch as lord as she could finish her work.
She picked up her phone and typed in a number she thought she would never use. When he had given it to her in secret before the rescue mission, she wasn't sure to why, or if she ever would want to use it, but now, she needed his help.
The whole table in front of her was full of different types of potions and any kind of chemicals. Everything stolen from the labs of blackwatch.
" you got it...?" She spoke as the call was picked up.
" miss, Ziegler, it's nice to know you're well. And I did find something. I'm in the room he was held captive before the day of judgement and I found something." Hanzo replied, holding up in front of him the shape of a syringe.
" did you send the remaining fluids..?" She replied.
" I got a lab to scan it and it's information is being transferred over to you very soon. I believe you got everything you need?"
" I only need the files that you're sending over, and... maybe the fluid itself?"
" you want the poison?" He asked surprised.
" yes... research and maybe some tests too...?" She didn't care if this was a good idea, but right now, she only had one goal ahead.
" I guess that's fine, but it will take some hours until it arrives"
" just ship it out as soon as possible" those were her last words before she hung up.

" please... let this work.." she mumbled to herself as she gently grabbed hold of a bottle of a red colored liquid.
She had worked hours upon hours, nothing such as rest existed In her schedule for the time being.
" anything.., just please... work." She mumbled once again and very carefully, tilted the bottle a tiny bit, allowing just some few drops to fall down onto her work.
" I.... I think this actually may work!" Angela burst out as the results were actually not having a wrong time of reaction.
Just as that happened, a small sound comes from a nearby computer, and to her joy, it was the test results from Hanzo.
She quickly puts away the bottle and hurries over to the computer to open her mail.
" there it is!" She happily burst out as she clicks on the mail itself. She knew what to expect and she had already read the reports from the doctors here at blackwatch that Genji had been poisoned by a uncureble poison, but Angela knew that anything had a cure, she just needed to discover it. And if this was to fail... then she at least tried.
She quickly read over the file, studying every single detail to it. Every small detail was written in this report and in the matter of minutes, she was back at her work station, mixing different stuff together, getting different results.

Hours passed by, the sun had gone down, the moon was shining bright, and Sombra had peacefully fallen asleep in McCree's arms. The sound of her peaceful breathing somehow calmed him down.
But he had to leave...
As careful as he possibly could, he carefully gets out of Sombra's hospital bed and puts the blanket gently over her. Not a single move. Perfection.
He smiles down at her, admiring the innocent look she had before he leaves the room in silence.
Next stop, Angela's secret lab.