Sixteen

( I just had to draw these two🥰 ⬆️)

The address in Genji's hands were guiding him through the maze of houses until he finally reached a house that seemed to be the right place.
He had to admit.. this neighborhood wasn't really a pretty one... most people who lived here were poor people who didn't afford much... by the look of the house that Angela probably lived in, it wasn't as bad as the others, but there was a lot of empty alcohol bottles thrown into the small guardian of the house...
But he remembered Angela telling him that her uncle does drink and that this could possibly be her house..
Without another second to waste, he walked up to the door and gently knocks onto it. At first, nothing...But when he knocked on for a second time, he heard footsteps coming from inside.
The sound was heavy and Genji could tell by the way the person walk that this was not Angela.
Without another second to waste, the door to the house bursts open and a tall blonde haired man stands before him, looking angrily down at him.
" what you want kid! I don't want any cookies or whatever you want to sell" the man angrily groans and Genji notices the bottle in his hands. Even the smell could tell him that this man was drunk...
" do you know how to speak kid!?" The man raises his voice at him and Genji quickly shakes his head.
" N..No sir! Sorry, but I'm looking for Angela... is she home..?" Genji shyly asks, trying his best to sound calm to not upset the guy. This guy looked dangerous... he was a tall, muscular man, with lots of tattoos covering his body. Could this really be Angela's uncle...?
" Angela..? What you want with her? She's sick" the man tells him.
" s..she is? She didn't answer her phone... so I thought maybe I should just come by and see if she was fine.." Genji mumbles as the guy seemed to grow angry by every passing minute.
" her phone broke, too bad. Nothing to worry about, now get lost." The man groans and was just about to slam the door shut when he stopped himself. Something wasn't right... who was this kid.. why did he seem so familiar somehow..? His face... those eyes...
" Hi Genji, I'm coming right now.." a soft voice came from behind him and he watch his niece grab a jacket as she quickly walked past him and out to the boy he now recognized.
" Genji...." He repeats as Angela quietly walks out the door.
" y..yeah that's my name. Genji Reyes." Genji wasn't really sure what to do so he reached out his hand to greet the man. Angela's uncle watched his hand for a second before he gently takes it and shakes.
" What a strange name, I guess you're not from around here" the man forces a smile onto his face.
" I'm not." Genji smiles back, feeling a bit calmer now that Angela's uncle wasn't as tense as he was a second ago.
" may I ask where you're from?" He replies and Genji hesitates for a moment. He wasn't supposed to give away information about himself, but he needed an excuse as well...
When he had Reyes had moved to town, Blackwatch had handed them both a false identity to help them. They were also given a new profile and past. According to Blackwatch, Genji was from a small farmer village in China. According to their false documents, Genji had been adopted by Reyes as a child when his 'Parents' died in a big fire. Of course this all was fake, but he had to live the lie he had been given..
" I've lived her in America for the most of my life, but I was adopted from China if you have to know..." Genji mumbles. Angela's uncle quietly nods and then he feel a hand on his arm, gently dragging him backwards, away from the massive man.
" be home before midnight..." Angela's uncle calls out as Angela drags Genji away from her house. She didn't want him to be near that monster at all... and she didn't want Genji to find out how horrible he could be... especially when he's drunk, like now....
She didn't answer him. Her uncle watches them as they both disappear from his sight and quietly closes the door to his house. A miracle had happened... and he wasn't going to waste it.
There was a moment of silence between them until Genji finally broke it by gently grabbing Angela's arm and forced her to stop.
" Angela...." he looks at her, trying to get eye contact with her, but she kept avoiding it.
She didn't want to talk about it, he knew that, but this wasn't right.
" please tell me everything... I told you to call me if it happened again..." Genji speaks, gently letting go of her.
Angela quietly nods as she looks down to her feet.
" I.... I was going to... I was just about to type your number when he managed to grab my phone and smash it into the wall next to me..." she quietly tells him.
" That explains why you didn't answer my messages..." Genji mumbles and gently pulls her into a deep hug. Angela quietly nods. The same warm embrace... the same as yesterday...
" I keep trying to forgive him... and I really want to... but it's so hard.." she whispers into his chest as tears quietly escapes her eyes. She had never cried in front of anyone before.. never... not until Genji found out...
" why didn't you come to school this morning..?" He kept his warm arms around her, not wanting to let go of this moment.
" you noticed the marks on my face yesterday... I didn't want anyone else to see.." she replies and Genji gently shows himself a bit backwards so he could see her face. This time, her blue eyes meets his and he gently moves her blonde hair to the side to see the markings. It had healed up fast. There was almost no sign of it, and he who had known where to look for it had almost not noticed.
" it's almost gone.. I don't think you need to be afraid of letting others see it" he chuckles and Angela shrugs with her shoulders.
" want to see yourself?" Genji asks and Angela nods. He gently grabs his own phone from his pocket and holds it up towards her.
" smile" he grins before taking a picture of her. She chuckles as she allows herself to smile a little and gently grabs hold of Genji's phone as he hands it to her. Her face was almost as clear as the sun. The marks were almost gone, just like Genji had told her and a giggle escapes her.
" I guess you're right... but you still shouldn't have come here... now he knows about you and he's going to ask me tons of weird questions... I brought Pharah home to me once, and I don't think she wants to ever come back..." she tells him.
The man in the door has seemed pretty scary, but he hadn't attacked or hurt him, witch Genji was happy for... but he wasn't treating Angela quite well.
" I wish I could do something to help you..." Genji tells her. Angela quietly nods in agreement, and kindly takes his hand in hers.
" let's just forget about it alright? Hanna told me yesterday that they're going to Jump Rush, I guess that's why you're here right? To pick me up?"
A grin crosses her lips and Genji chuckles nervously. He had come to her house to make sure she was alright, but yes, he was also there to pick her up.
" why don't we head over there now? I think the other are there already." Genji replies.
" yeah sounds good to me, now smile!" She holds up his phone and takes a picture of both of them. The action was unexpected to Genji and when the picture was taken, he looked so surprised in the photo. He was just about to grab the phone when Angela grins evilly at him and presses the send button.
" now they know we're on our way!" She giggled as she saw his face expression. She had sent the photo to the group chat their gang had made, and soon enough, Hanna replied with another photo of the others waiting outside Jump Rush.
" hurry now! We don't have all day" Hanna wrote back and Angela giggles as she finally hands Genji his phone back.
" I guess we should hurry then" Genji grins and together, they head towards Jump rush, witch Genji had never heard of or never seen. Whatever it was, it sounded like lots of fun and nothing could be more fun but to hang out with friends like these. He truly was lucky... that was for sure..

The door was locked and the curtains were pulled down over the windows. Dark. He couldn't allow a single soul see what he was about to do, who he was about to contact. He couldn't believe his eyes... Had Genji Shimada, the prince of the Shimada clan actually being outside his door..? Suddenly he felt uncertain and hesitated when he picked up the phone from the table. If he called in, and told his boss that the Shimada boy had been here, and then it all turns out to be a joke, what would happen to him...? He felt the pressure, now he was even beginning to doubt what he had seen .. quietly he puts down the phone for the moment and heads into his office. The files his boss had brought was still there, untouched... gently he picked them up and lots of paper and photos were revealed.
Most of the photo seemed old, but some were photos from security cameras. How Talon had gotten these, he had no idea, but that didn't matter... but the boy in the photos seemed very alike the boy on the doorsteps... he wasn't sure if it was just him or if all Asians looked very alike... probably not, but he had trouble seeing the difference. The boy in the photo had all his hair colored green, some photos had him with all natural black hair... did the boy on the doorsteps have green hair..? He had some color, but he had been a bit to drunk to see what color... wait... if he had trouble seeing colors while being drunk... then this boy who had been on his doorstep could just have been a random kid... maybe his mind fooled him into seeing things he wanted to see..? No... he couldn't call his boss just yet.. he had to make sure he wasn't mistaken.
With that, he throws away the alcohol bottle he had been holding onto and starts to actually work on the new case. He was going to do a good job this time... Talon would reward him well.
" Genji Shimada, wherever you are, I will find you"