Twenty

Above the trees, an unusual red moon shines down onto the poor cherry bloom trees, making the streets seem more dangerous than ever before. Even the air seemed more weird than it usually was...
and the smell of Blood was everywhere.
This wasn't Japan... neither was it Hanamura, but the smell of blood did remind him of what he once had experienced..
Where could he be? He didn't recognize this place at all...
He wanted to call out something, but for some strange reason... he couldn't. It was almost like his voice didn't work...
If he could speak or call out for help, then his second opinion would be to walk, right?
He had no idea to what else he could do and therefore he decided to do it. But just as he takes a step forward, the sound of sticky water surrounds him and he quickly looks down to his feet's.
Blood... a lot of blood..
He wanted to yell but his voice didn't let out a sound at all... even though this a was a disgusting and a frightening experience, the worst part wasn't the blood... but the body..

" Genji!" Reyes suddenly yells out as his eyes suddenly burst open. At first he was confused, but that was until his eyes got used to the dark and he recognized his own bedroom in the dark. A rush of embarrassment ran through him, but also fear.
He had never had a dream like this before... neither was it a pleasant one...
" the hell..." Reyes mumbles as he forces himself to get out of his bed. He looked down at his wrist to check the time, and to his disappointment, it was only 3am and he no longer would be able to fall asleep.
" Shit... damn that nightmare..." even thought he knew it was just a bad dream, he couldn't resist the temptation to go upstairs and check on Genji. The dream had been about him after all...
As quietly as possible, he grabs a shirt and puts it on as he walks out of his room and heads towards the stairs that would lead him towards Genji's room. When he reaches the door, he hesitates a second before opening it. His heart was beating fast and his mind was begging God that his adopted son had to be alright in there. He slowly opens the door and his heart skips a beat as he doesn't find Genji laying in his bed at all. He almost lost his head when he noticed something strange over by Genji's desk. He had no idea to how he had managed to fall asleep like that, but Genji was quietly resting by his workspace. A quiet chuckle escapes Reyes as he quietly enters the room and walks over to the young boy.
" I guess you were working yourself to sleep" He mumbles to himself as he lays a hand onto Genji's head gently stroking his hair. But then he noticed it.
Genji's hand was half way covering up a drawing of some kind and Reyes couldn't help but chuckle. He had no idea Genji was an artist! Or at least not as good as he had expected him to be! After saving him back in Hanamura, he spent a long time at the Blackwatch base down there, going through multiple surgeries and mental recovery programs, but every now and then, when he was awake and had some time to kill, Reyes had noticed him sitting and drawing. He sometimes got a peek and had noticed his skills in art, but back then, the drawings had been more dark and furious... but this one was... beautiful... a girl with beautiful eyes and a happy smile... whoever she was, she was making his son happy. But then it hits him... this girl did seem familiar for some strange reason...
Reyes searched the paper for a name, but there wasn't one. Whoever she was, she was beautiful, and Genji deserved people in his life who made him happy.
But for now, he couldn't allow Genji to sleep like this. It wouldn't be good for his neck, therefore he tried his very best to lift him up in his arms without waking him. So far, he was successful in his work.
He managed to carefully lay him down onto his bed and covered him with a blanket. It didn't matter if he slept with all of his clothes on, yes, it probably would get hot afterwards, but he didn't want to wake him up.
After making sure everything was alright, he quietly walks out and closes the door without a sound.
Everything was alright, just like it was supposed to be. Genji was alright, he was alright, there was no blood nor was this an unknown place. He felt relieved and quietly walks back to his own room.
Maybe now he would be able to sleep.