Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Bass was flanked by his two best friends as he entered the pack house. The atmosphere was silent as he entered the room. He somewhat wondered if his father has heard of the new ownership of the pack. Sometimes you cannot rely on the person you thought was loyal to you. Loyalty in this pack is hard to come by. Most of the wolves are only out for themselves, to find a way of improving their social standing within the pack.

The first thing Bass noticed when he scouted the house was that all his father's best men were gone. Instead of feeling relief he felt fear. He nodded over to his new beta Mark, signalling that they should go to the Alpha's office to speak. It is the only room that won't be bugged or be overheard in.

Bass closed the door with a click then turned to Mark. "What happening?" Those are the only two words that he needed to say. The only words that were needed so that Mark can divulge all the information that he has heard.

"There are three girls in the basement." Mark began. "They were taken from the Moonstone pack."

My heart sped up faster, having these girls here are an act of war. My father just cannot seem to be out of trouble. "Get them out of the basement and up here. I will sort this before it becomes any more serious."

Mark nodded before disappearing to complete his task. Bass pounded his fist on the oak desk. It stood firm against his two blows no doubt with standing a lot more over the centuries and multiples Alpha's.

Bass just couldn't wrap his head around what his father was doing. Jessie was in the pack. What happens if they retaliate by hurting her? That is something that he must now deal with. Bass made a mental note to speak with their Alpha after he spoke with the girls.

He heard the door open his nose sniff the air instantly smelling three unmated she wolves. Their scent got stronger as they were lead into the room. The air smelt of fear. They started to talk amongst themselves.

After taking a deep breath Bass put on his most courageous face. A mask of intimidation then turned round to face them. He just hoped it was not too late to reverse the damage that his father has done.

"You..." The three girls stammered. They looked at him with confusion.

"I am Alpha Bass." He announced looking at them individually.

--------------

Brandon stood there rooted with fear. That woman was his mate, but she looked like she was ready to bolt. He understood the feelings all too well.

He took a step closer to her, holding out his hand as if she was a prey wary of him the predator. She looked down at his hand holding her garment closer to her body. Shielding him from looking at her body.

Her grey eyes looked him over taking him in all his glory. "You're my mate?" She said as if she was asking a question.

Brandon nodded his head eagerly taking a step closer to her. He could make out little feature on her face. "You're my mate."

She gulped loudly looking at Brandon with wide eyes. "Where have you been all this time?" Tears started falling from her eyes.

Brandon crossed the gap between them in an instant, pulling her reluctantly in her arms. Rubbing her back, trying to ignore the tingles of electricity.

"Sh... I am here now." Brandon placed a kissed on his on her forehead. His wolf was soaring on high demanding that he complete the mate process. "I am not going anywhere."

She pulled back out of his arms. "I cannot do this now." She took another step backwards. "I have a pack I need to get back to."

Brandon shook his head at her. That is the last place that he wanted her to be. That place would soon be under attack. He glimpse back up to the darkening sky. His father is on route here any time now this place would be a war zone. A place that is not suited for his mate.