Chapter 15

Uploaded on 27/07/2015
Edited 04/03/2016

Xander ran to a clearing near the edge of the property when he began to smell the heavy scent of rogues.

His wolf bared its teeth at the wanton display of disrespect. All the packs in the territory had come to an agreement that free movement across the land was permitted as long as you notify the relevant Alpha. Since the last wolf wars twenty years ago when they dismantled the redwood pack. A lot of packs have been living peacefully.

Xander shifted his body crouching beside a fallen tree. His dark eyes leaning forward identifying the large wolf print in the soil.

"They are heading towards the pack house." Hayden stated coming from behind looking at the trails. "They must of head east. Taken the long way round."

"Who would dare attack us?" Adam asked his nose pressed to the tree sniffing. "I don't recognise their scents. But yet they know the terrain."

Xander stood up his eyes raking over the environment taking in more than the average wolf.

He walked over to the tree, his bare feet snapping the branches on the floor. His movement was brisk but unhurried.

Xander bent down taking a deep breathe inhaling the scent that was on the tree where a wolf brushed it. He closed his eyes familiarizing himself with the texture.

"I know this scent." His eyes snapped open as memories that laid hidden from a traumatic childhood came flooding back. "This scent belongs to Beta Sebastian. He is coming for my mother."

Xander turned to the east shifting before his head faced in the direction took off running towards the pack house to intercept the enemy.

-----------

"I just spoke with Alex." Lisa addressed the team that stayed at the pack house to defend it. She was surrounded by mostly the maternal Females who would die first before anyone lays a hand on their pups. "He states that he is to stay with Darkmoon as he will not reach here in time."

A murmur of noise broke out. The ladies did not like the idea of facing war without their Alpha.

Lisa held up her hand signally silence. "We all know who is coming." Her eyes found Jessie's who was by the door next to Tammy. "Sebastian."

Jessie stood transfixed by her mother. She stood at the head of the war table supporting her pack. She seemed so strong. So elegant. A bit of her heart melted at the thought that her mother could well and truly love her. That she would treat her like she treated her sisters.

Jessie hand went up to her left shoulder covering a scar that was inflicted by Jessica. She could never understand why her aunt had hated her. Now knowing the truth and circumstance of her birth it all starting to make sense.

Jessie felt a vibration in her trouser pocket. She pulled her cell forth, swiping the screen to see a text message from uncle Seb.

'Where is the hidden entrance the men are near the position.'

Jessie felt her breathe hitch her heart began to race alot quicker. Her Uncle was relying on that information.

'Why do you need it. What is it that you intend to do.' Her fingers hesitated over the next word but she thought it best to put it in to see what he would say. 'Father.'

As soon as the message was sent another appeared instantly on her screen.

'I only come for my mate. I never denied you were my daughter. Bring me your mother to avoid bloodshed.'