Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16
Edited on 05-03-2016
Uploaded on 02-08-2015

Jessie and Spirit finally made it onto the ground floor checking all the rooms for any stray people. Looking in all the rooms that the pack house had to offer made Jessie realise how different this pack was to her old one. Each room was different tailored to suit that person needs.

Another realisation hit her. Money was not an issue in this pack. People left so many valuable items laying around secure in the knowledge that none of their pack mates would steal from them.

The Darkmoon pack members would rob anything that was bolted down. A couple of times Jessie herself had to intervene when she saw a mugging.

Do I really want to turn my mother over to a man that runs a pack like that? The thought scattered through her brain.

She opened the door looking around the dining room her hand covering her leg pocket as her Cell vibrated again. She knew it was uncle Seb calling her to confirm details.

"Anyone in there?" Spirit asked from the other side of the corridor, closing the door that lead to the kitchen.

"Nope." Jessie eyes quickly scanned the room bringing the door to a close when an red and black blur appeared from underneath the table to run right to her knocking her over.

"Little Tommy!" Spirit lifted him up from Jessie who lay sprawled on the floor. "Where's Trisha? You meant to be at the safe house." She looked around the vicinity for their sister.

Jessie got up dusting off her knees. "Who are you little man."

"I'm not little." He held his head up a little higher pushing his arms out showing the white orbs attached to his palm. "I am iron man!"

"Iron man?" Jessie looked at the costume the little boy was wearing, including the red helmet. Her face was one of confusion Tommy didn't look like he was incase in Iron.

Spirit gave a short laugh. "We need to educate you on the avengers ASAP." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "I am taking you to mother. You know the emergency procedures."

Tommy face fell, knowing he was about to get in trouble. "Me and Jarvis wanted to fight the bad wolves." He moaned.

"Jarvis cannot help in this fight Tommy." Spirit told himself as she began to guide him to the war room.

He looked up to her with hope in his eyes. "I knew I should of put on Thor!" He smashed his hands together. "Nothing can kill a God and defeat his hammer."

"Hmmm...." Spirit raised her eyebrow. "Are you the one to hold the hammer."

He looked down at the fall again defeated. "I can't wait to be a wolf." He mumbled.

Jessie felt something warm in her chest at the interaction. Could she give all this up?

This family life was all she ever wanted. Could she sacrifice her mother so she could live free?

Xander stopped running once he neared the pack house. The house could be seen in the distance. He was angry with himself that the wolves managed to get this close.

He stopped sniffed the air as the trail has gone cold. He padded around the area to see what direction they headed in. It was obvious they didn't go near the pack house. The question that was hovering in Xander's mind was why.

Hayden came up behind sniffing as well then shifted. "I smell perfume." His nose flared. "The cheap kind. They wanted to derail us."

"The paw prints have gone." Adam stated looking on the ground. It was a heavily wooded area there should of been something to show that the wolves have been here.