Chapter 17

Chapter seventeen.

Uploaded 03-08-2015

Brandon stood by the edge of the clearing standing there in the shadows watching his mate break free of the rope that tied her to the tree.

Her eyes kept scanning the environment wearily looking at the other warriors that surrounded the camp trying to keep her movement to a minimum so not to attract attention.

Brandon felt pride that his mate was not as weak as she seemed. He thought being an omega in that pack had destroyed what was left of her spirit. Looks like he was wrong.

Brandon held his breath as he noticed that she was finally free. She looked around the forest her mind calculating a plan of escape.

One of the men went to attend the stew cooking in the pot. She used this as her chance to get away. She stood up the rope falling down her skinny body. She stepped over it careful not to step on any twigs then dashed into the forest.

The men gave a chuckle aware of what she was up too all along. But she was unaware of the beast that stalked her.

Brandon mentally counted to ten. Before he let himself totally surrender to the wolf and chased his mate.

Alpha Max looked down onto a stricken looking Alpha. He could tell Alex was on a verge to destruction. He hoped and prayed that nothing has happened to his mate or the peace that had happened over twenty years would come crashing down in an instant.

"She be okay." Max stated unsure of wether he should initiate some sort of physical contact to soothe the wolf.

"How would you know." The words sounded more animal than man. "You" He pointed at Max. "Convinced me to stay." He stood up angry, ready to start a fight.

Alpha Max willed himself to take a step back. "I called for other archangels that was nearby to come and assist your pack."

Alex stilled him his stalk his foot almost faltering. "They are not alone?"

Max glued his eyes to Alex showing him his own Alpha power. "You were never alone."

Moonstone Pack

Lisa grabbed Jessie arm to link her own through as they began to stroll further from the house.

"Would you like to tell me what is troubling you?" Lisa asked looking at her daughter. She may not of known Jessie long but she had the same look the others had when they were hiding something.

Jessie looked down onto the floor unable to look her mother in the eye. The longer they walk the more apprehension she get. She needs to free her sister and find away of saving her mother. She... she... loved her. She loves her mother. These past couple of weeks showed her what sort of family life. Mate life she could have and she wanted it.

"Is it about Seb?" Lisa asked.

Jessie steps faltered she held onto a bark of tree to steady herself. "Mum. I.." Tears began to fall from her eyes

"Shh..." Lisa cradled Jessie in her arms letting her cry. Letting her cry the pain out. "It okay Angel. I love you. It okay." She rubbed her back in soothing motions.

"I am not a good person." Jessie sobbed gripping on to edges of Lisa clothes. "You're going to hate me."

Lisa leaned back framing Jessie face with her hands. "Listen. I will always love you. I know you are leading me to Sebastian."

Jessie teary green eyes looked at her mum, instead of hate shining from her it was love. "Mum... lets leave. Seb will never leave you alone! He has Trisha."