Chapter Four

Chapter 4

"You have to stop him!" Jessie said getting up from her chair to face her long lost mother. "He can not attack my Uncle's pack."

Lisa looked calmly almost blankly at her daughter lifting her hand to smooth out the rough edges of her hair. "Your name is Angel not Jessica."

"Are you not listening to me!" Jessie stomped her foot in rage. This woman is not seeing sense. All she was doing was stroking her hair like she was some kind of dog. "You need to tell your mate to stop the attack."

"You look so much like your sisters." Lisa carried on absent minded. Not taking in what Jessie was saying. "I knew you would look like them."

"Lisa." Tammy clicked her fingers in front Lisa's face. "Snap out of it. Your daughter is asking you a question."

"And when she asks me a proper question I shall answer it." Lisa replied back in a dull tone taking Jessie hand in hers. "Come let me show you to your room."

"No!" Jessie pulled her hand free then took a step back from Lisa. "I need to go and warn my pack." Jessie took a look at the door making a calculation with all the wolves present the advantage she would have at leaving.

"No." Lisa said in panic her eyes darting to the door then back to Jessie. "You cannot leave me."

"Then call off the attack." Jessie blackmailed. She saw Lisa weakness and that it was her. She didn't think she would be anyone's weakness but this she would use to her advantage. "Or if you don't. I will leave."

Lisa did not say anything, as she was still contemplating what to do. She felt a burning rage towards Seb and Jessica. That rage had been resting for years. She always blamed him for the death of her daughter. As it was his fault that he attacked the pack. Now to find out she wasn't dead all along was like a silver bullet in her heart. Her wolf was a vengeful one. One that does not forgive or forgets just as easily.

"Mum." Spirit came beside Lisa to plant a kiss on her cheek. "I think you should call off the attack. We need to support Angel right now."

"Spirit is right." Heaven agreed. "We just need to come together as a family first."

Lisa looked between all three of her daughters. For the first time since their birth they are in a room together. She didn't want to break the already fragile bond that she has with Angel.

"Brandon." Lisa called her son that stood guard by the door. "Go to your father and tell him to call off the attack."

Brandon gave a nod then mouthed a silent thank you to his sisters for persuading his mum. He did not know what is going on between his pack and the dark moon pack. Many of the older pack member do not talk about it. All they seem to know is that Seb was once beta and since his son was Alpha they were asked to take over the Dark moon pack. Then he attacked his parents pack out of jealousy. What Brandon can not begin to wrap his head around is why would Seb be jealous. He had his mate and son. As well as a pack. He should be happy. Brandon made a mental note to look into the history of Seb later as he made his way to his dads war room.

"Now that the attack is called off. You will stay?" Lisa eagerly said wanting to please her daughter.

Jessie looked around the silent room. Everyone present there was waiting on her response. She knew they would not stop her if she left but was desperate for her to stay.

Jessie almost wished this was another time. Another place where she could honestly stay for good intentions. However she cannot let her uncle down. This pack might seem good on the outside but they were just as bad as her last pack.