Chapter 7

Chapter Seven,

Jessie looked at her father as she stammered a reply to his question. "I don't know what you are on about."

Alex interlocked his fingers on the desk. "I have been through too much with your mother to let anything go bad now."

"Is this how you see me. As a bad egg. Is that why you told everyone i died?" Jessie leaned forward her green eyes looking into her fathers. Since she came back she felt like a connection between her and her dad was lost. Like it was only her mother that was greatful for her return.

"I want to know why you have decided now to come back." Alex leaned back in his chair his whole body on alert ready to feel if she was lying to him. He was completely at one with his wolf. His senses were awash with Jessie's scent. His ears were flat back against his head listening for a change in her heartbeat to suggest she would be lying to him. For the sake of Lisa he could not submit her to the wolf test.

It would strain his already difficult relationship with Lisa as well as any questions that may arise from other members of the family. Last thing he wanted were the twins asking questions. Their real birth father was a carefully hidden secret that only a select few knew. Hell even Xander thinks Lisa is his real mother. If Alex looked deeper within himself what he truly scared of is not this young lady right here but the years of secrets that she could expose that could lay devastation to his family.

He lost one mate over twenty years ago. He will be damned if he would lose another.

"Uncle Sebastian thought it was time that I returned home." Jessie answered and honest as possible. Uncle Seb prepped her for this time of integration however Alex was being much kinder in just asking. Uncle Seb was throwing punches after every question in order to toughen her up. "Why is it that you are resistant towards me? I have been here and you made no approach to get to know me."

Alex was taken aback by that question. He knew that as a father and his long lost daughter has returned he should be rejoicing. But she wasn't there when growing up as the other pups. He was not able to cover her with his scent. His wolf recognises her as a pup of his mates but not his pup. The connection that he has felt with the twins is not there for this one.

Alex quickly looked aside to the picture on this desk that showed him with the Twins either side of him. The picture was taken at their first day at school. They were only five years old then. He got images of all his children first day of school on his desk. On the walls were the pictures of them in the wolf forms just after their shift. It was important for him to capture their first moments of their lives.

He looked back towards Jessie just what does he know about her? Basically nothing.

"I have been a bad father." Alex conceded. "We will try again. I am an Alpha trusting does not come easy to me. Even if you are my daughter you have not been accepted into this pack yet. Till you pledge allegiance to this pack I would know that you are loyal."

Alex smiled as he heard her breath hitched. It could be for two reasons. One he honoured her with an invitation of joining the pack. Two she does not want to join the pack as she is still loyal to the Dark Moon pack.

By Jessie pledging herself to the pack she would allow the Alpha to enter her mind. They would be able to send thoughts to one another on the pack link. She would be under his command. Be unable to harm to the pack or betray the pack in any way. She would be unable to lie to him.

A part of her was happy that he offered her to join but if she does that means she would be unable to offer the vital information that Seb would need to take over this pack.

"I am looking forward to the day when you accept me as pack member." Jessie replied.

Meanwhile elsewhere.........................