Chapter Two

Chapter 2

"Is it time for presents now?" Tommy asked from his booster seat at the table.

Dinner and desert was over with for ten minutes now and he was bored with the adults talking amongst themselves leaving him out of the conversation.

After looking up at the wooden grandfather clock that was passed through from generation to generation Alexander nodded.

"Girls." He stood up to walk to the table by the wall, which was filled with presents. He picked up two small square packages. He placed the two items one pink the other purple next to each of the girls after checking the name tag.

When they were born, he found it hard to tell them apart. Them being twins their scents were also similar. Their faces identical. By being their father, he noticed the small tell tale signs of who each of them was. Something he takes great pride in. As when they decided to dress the same and play tricks on their mother. It was him that managed to perceive who was who. They may never know their true fathers name. He will make sure they will never know of him. These two twins were meant to be for him. He gave a smile at the twins then gestured with his hands for them to open their gifts.

Heaven looked down at the package with a smile. It didn't quite reach her eyes as she was expecting something quite bigger.

"This a gift from me to you to show you how proud I am of you graduating from university." Alex said with pride.

Spirit wasted no time in tearing away the wrapping to unveil a velvet box. She gave a gasp then looked to Heaven to find that she had a box too.

The girls opened their gift at the same time to reveal a diamond ring. Spirit green eyes started to water this was the most expensive gift that she had ever received. Heaven instantly took the ring out to try it on her finger. Smiling widely as fit perfectly. She jumped out of her seat to give her dad a hug.

"Thanks daddy!" She gave him a kiss on his cheek leaving behind the outline with red lipstick. "I know I can be a selfish wolf sometimes-"

"More like all the time!" Xander joked.

Heaven moved her hand to stick up her middle finger at him behind her back so her dad wouldn't see causing laughter around the table.

"As I was saying dad." She continued. "Before I was rudely interrupted. I do love you. I am proud to be your daughter. Daughter of the strongest Alpha. Daughter of the fiercest pack. Most important. Daughter of your heart."

Alexander eyes moist over. Being nearly fifty he can count on one hand how many times he cried in his life. Being surrounded by the people that he loved and cared for. Even fought for and willing to sacrifice his life so they could live, tears fell from his eye. He was a happy man.

"Oh dad!" Spirit came up to wrap her arms around him and heaven the three of them joined together in unity for a while.

A loud cough from Lisa caused the trio to break apart. "May the mother of the twins give her presents?" She asked sweetly as she made her way to the table. She brought back two rectangular gifts.

"This is a gift that was made and stored away till you reached twenty one. I want you to know that I am proud of you girls. Even though your spoilt. You're my girls." Lisa gave each of them a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks," Heaven opened her gift to find a bottle of wine. "It says, 'A Taste Of Heaven' on here. Ha ha very funny."

"My bottle says. 'spirit of the earth.' Thats not so bad." Spirit added. "Should we open this now?"

"Open it when you feel to. It has been there since you was born. Created especially for you." She brought a third wine present. "We are going to drink this one in recognition of your sister who is not with us."