Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

The room went quiet with an awkward silence, as all eyes were focused on the trio in the doorway. Jessie gasped when her eyes connected with her sisters. All she saw was a fierce glare coming from their way. Her hand covered her chest where her heart was at the sharp pain of betrayal was felt.

Xander snaked his arm around her waist. Gently pulling her closer to his side as he felt the build-up tension arising from the girls. He almost felt his wolf rise up to meet the girls that are challenging his mate. A growl was torn from his throat.

"Enough." Alex pounded the table with his fist. "Girls come in and lock the door." Alex sat wearily on the chair behind his desk. Just when has his life become so complicated. The twins gave their sister a dirty look when they saw the mate mark on Jessie's neck, as they sat down on the couch that their mother gilded them to.

"That is disgusting!" Heaven sneered. "Just how can you sleep with your own brother?"

Lisa's heart broke at that statement. The secret that she was hiding for years was about to come out. The secret that she hidden to protect her children was now out in the open. She just prays to the goddess that the girls will forgive her.

Alex cleared his throat; his eyes went to his mate. He could see her eyes watering any minute now she would start to cry.

"Xander is mated to Jessie." He looked over at the couple, his heart now melted for Jessie as he could see the happiness that she has brought his son. It reminded him of the first time that he met Lisa. She was not his true mate but the feelings that he feels for was just as strong or even strong than that of a true mate. "Xander is my son. Jessie and the twins are Lisa daughters."

The twins and Trisha looked to their mother not understanding what it is that Alex was saying. Lisa cleared her throat, clearly in a situation that she did not want. "I met Alex when I was pregnant with you triplets. His is not your biological father, but your father in every other way. Xander was a little child then his mother was Alexander's true mate. She died at the hands of Jessica. Sebastian mate."

Jessie gasped. "That is why the pack was at war twenty years ago?" She turned to face Alex her face a mixture of shock and anxiety. "Why did he tell me that he was my uncle?"

Alex looked towards Lisa, telling the children he was not their dad was one thing but telling them who their real father was a different thing. Lisa nodded her head, consoling Heaven who was in tears upon learning her mother's hidden secret.

"I..." Spirit stammered. "I am at a loss for words. Just who is my erm... our father then?"

"It is Sebastian." Alex announced as the room went up in a roar.

"But he is my uncle." Jessie stated to Xander.

"My father cannot be that monster." Heaven said fiercely. The amount of bad things she heard about the man. The last thing she wanted was for him to be her father. How could he be her dad?

"That man was your mothers mate. However due to him being unfaithful with Jessica your mother left him and that is when I and your mother became chosen mates." Alex gave a small smile over in Lisa direction.

"There was not much of a choice in being your mate as I remembered. You claimed me as your own." She stated.

"I cannot stay. Any more information would need to come from your mother. I am already late in arriving at the dark moon pack." Alex walked to his daughters. Placing a kiss on each of their forehead. He loves them dearly even if they were not sired from his loins. He whispered into each of their ear. Offering them comfort as only a father could.