☁️4☁️

Song recommendation : toxic by Britney spears

Today was our finale year in college and my friend decided that it would be cool if we went for karaoke.

"Dude you have an admirer at six o'clock" she  gestured at the cute guy at the far end of the bar.

I turned to look at him and caught his eye. We made eye contact and I looked away. Then I looked back again and we made eye contact again this time with him looking away.

"You should go talk to him"

"Who me?" I looked at her shocked.

"Yes you, now go miss gurl" she sipped her drink.

I looked back at him and his friend looked like he was talking him into doing something. He shook his head like he refused the offer.

"I'm sorry but no I can't go talk to him especially when he's friend is there" Y/F/N groaned in disappointment.

"Ooh his friend is cute mama likes" she smirked at me.

She was looking at his friend then waved at him and he waved back.

"Dude!" I whisper yelled.

"Oh relaxe plus his friend is still looking at you just go talk to him"

"No"

She waved his friend over. His friend stood up and walked to our table.

"Hello ladies could I borrow you for a second" he gestured to Y/F/N.

We gave each other the look. The look being "what does this hot stranger want with me."

I shrugged and continued sipping my drink. They disappeared for a while and the tension between me and mr hot stuff was killing me.

It was almost becoming a competition on who can look at the other the longest without getting caught.

"It seems like we will all be blessed with a duet by Y/N and H/N"

I choked on my drink and gave my friend a death stare because she looked too smug when she returned to the table.

I mentally groaned and flipped her off. The crowd clapped and cheered so there was no escaping that.

He looked at me and nodded to the stage. We both walked up awkwardly.

"Toxic?" He asked.

"Huh"

"I mean the song toxic, Britney Spears" he gestured to the song on the screen.

"You know toxic?" I smiled.

"The question is y/n do you?" He challenged me.

"Alright hot stuff bring it" I picked up the microphone and the beat started.

Baby cant you see
I'm calling
a guy like you should wear a warning

Thank the heavens for the autotune because I'm not good at singing this was too fun.

We continued singing, well fighting each other with lyrics and let's say the tension between us started rising.

We finished and the crowd went crazy. We walked down the stage together and sat together when we saw both our friends getting friendly at the other table.

"So you are into Britney Spears?" I smiled at him.

"Yeah yeah, I listen to everything okay dont judge me"

I raise my arms dramatically in surrender.

"I'm not judging but it does mean you have good taste in music"

We talked the rest of the night about music and even exchange numbers.

When we both wanted to leave we saw that our friends had disappeared.

"Hey do you still wanna hang out it's like almost midnight" he held out his arm.

"Of course hot stuff" I hooked our arms and started walking through campus.

"Do you want to go by the lake?"

"Yeah why not?"

We sat by a bench and there were other couples chilling out watching the swans float on the water.

"So?" I dragged.

"So?" He looked at me.

"Did we just have a Troy and Gabrielle moment"

"I guess we did, by the way you were a bit pitchy" he sassed.

"How, we used auto tune" I folded my arms.

"I'm just teasing baby" he pulled my crossed arms down and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

I laid my head on his shoulder just appreciating the moment.

"Baby?" I teased.

"Hot stuff?" He countered.

"Touche"

A/n sorry this one is a bit trash not really feeling in the best of spirits but I promise the  next ones will be worth your time