🦋 6🦋

Today my fierce babies you are to dance at the ball like counterfeit Cinderellas. love Author 🥰😘💖

Song choice Ghostin by Ariana Grande 

Tonight, the duke held a masquerade ball for all the nobles and their daughters to attend too. Even the girls from the village were sent an invitation but deep down we all knew that this was a chance for him to find his son a wife.

"Mother please explain to me why I should attend this stupid ball." I groaned as she pulled the strings to my corset.

"Because maybe you'll get the chance to meet a handsome lad willing to take your stubborn hand." 

"What if I don't want to get married and you're just wasting your time?" I sat solemnly at my vanity. "Or is this because father run off with another woman and now I should support the family"

"Enough y/n please forget your father" she sighed "I know you rather enjoy spending your time at that ruddy book shop but you won't stay young for ever trust me the world is no place for a women if she's not married." she said defeatedly.

I sighed and looked out the window to see the top of castle bright like the stars and I could hear the violins vibrating through the forest.

"Come now dear the carriage is waiting" she ushered me out of the house and my grandparents stood by the door waving good bye.

My grandmother stopped me and held my face in her hands.

"Tonight my little turnip you are the one they call the phoenix, she represents strength and fire" she placed my mask on my face  then kissed my forehead "Go show those rich buffoons' whose the real captain."

I giggled at the comment "Real smooth gran" 

The journey to the castle was all but nerve racking, I took deep breaths but my mind was wrapped in questions like;

'what if I meet the duke's son'

'what if someone asks for my hand in marriage'

'that's silly I'm just the daughter  of a retired merchant who spends her time in the library dreaming of what a free life out there is like'

Oh dear that is depressing. The carriage came to a stop and the door was opened. I took a deep breath and made my way up the stairs. It seemed like majority of the girls were either a swan or a dove, which ever the two, and here I was sticking out like a sore them in a red and gold gown.

I made eye contact with one man in particular who seemed to be whispering to the man beside him. Something about his gaze made my heart flutter even if I couldn't see what he looked like.

I broke out of his gaze then rushed to the drink table where there were other girls. Just injure a few more hours then you can leave.

I felt a presence behind me but I refused to turn. 

"Would you like dance mi lady?" his deep baritone voice vibrated down my spine causing me to shiver delightfully.

I nodded turning around to take his arm. We joined the group of people who were already dancing to a new song. He held my hand while the other one snaked around my waist to bring me closer.

My heart beat against my chest at the growing tension between us.

"You don't have to be nervous" he whispered in my ear.

"Easy for you to say you have more confidence than Flaunta" I mumbled.

"Ouch I always thought of my self as Aidos" he retorted.

I was baffled at the fact that he knew his Greek mythology most of the guys in this town talked about guns and horses.

"You know your Greek mythology quite well." I shyly complimented him. 

"Well I guess we have something else in common other than the fact that your also wearing colours similar to mine" 

I looked down to see he was also wearing red and gold.

"Would you like to step out for a bit" he smiled his teeth whiter than a waxing moon.

"I would love to" I smiled back.

We walked through the garden silently and stopped by the fountain.

"You're quite learned" he broke the silence.

"Well I do spend most of my time in the library so I guess my grammar improved because of that, what about you?"

"Well my father made it his top priority that I was literate so books where apart my life"

He shifted closer to me closing the gap between us.

"The masks make this event more interesting don't you think" I looked up at him.

We were facing each other now.

I leaned in closer to him with my hands on his chest, I wasn't sure where this burst of courage came from but it felt right.

I prepared for him to push me aside but his hands cupped my face instead.

"I feel like I've known you forever" He whispered leaning closer then he paused  "Wait we have to do this right I want to see your face" 

I swallowed and nodded slightly what if he didn't like what he saw.

"On three we take them off"

"one...two...three" 

There he was, the duke's son. Perfectly crafted by the saints and angels. 

"You are even more beautiful than the stars above us, an angel behind the mask" he cupped my face and traced my lips with his thumb.

The kiss was soft and sweet, everything I wanted as my first. I pulled back to meet his gaze and we realised that we wanted more than just one. He wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me even more closer. 

This kiss was different and filled with passion. He groaned sinfully as I bit and sucked on his lip. He allowed me to completely take control of the kiss and my core dripped with lust. I felt his manhood harden against my thigh. 

We stopped breathing heavily and I refused to look at him my cheeks heating up at our intimate moment.

"Just so we're clear love tonight and for the rest of our days  I'm never letting you go" he whispered in my ear.

Two words, I do.