❣10❣

Okay but who doesn't love a little love triangle, buckle up ladies I'm about to put you in the middle of two fine men. [Not in that way you spicy thing😫🤭]  

song choice love affair by UMI

It's been two years since I've heard from Marco and Dante. They were both drafted just like the rest of the boys in the village to go fight in the war. Good news flooded the town, the war was finally over. I ran home to tell my parents, tripping on few things on the way.

"Mama, papa the war is finally over!" I rushed into the kitchen to see my mother making bread and my father reading the paper.

They perked up in excitement with my father throwing his hat in the air and my mother clutching her chest. 

"I'll see you at the train station, I'm going to wait for the boys" I said excitedly before running out the house again down to the station.

Dante was the son of the mayor and was loved by all the girls in the village. We have been friends since childhood and we formed a strong bond. We both met Marco three years later when his father moved into town as a blacksmith.

After that our trio was inseparable. We went on amazing adventures together and even got into trouble together.  I saw a line of families waiting patiently for their sons and husbands to arrive. The crowd broke into animated cheer when the train appeared in the distance.

I craned my neck in order to see them clearly. My eyes went wide when I saw Marco.

"Marco!" I waved frantically.

When he saw me he maneuvered through the crowd and hugged me tightly. He had grown taller and his once long hair had been cut short. 

"I missed you so much Y/N" he whispered still holding me close.

"I missed you too, I never gave up on you" I cried into is chest.

I pulled back too look for Dante but couldn't spot him. 

"Where is Dante?" I asked worried when Marco's face fell.

"I'm not sure Y/N, we separated during the war" He scratched the back of his neck.

"What? no he should be here, maye-" I panicked.

"Relax Y/N maybe he boarded a different train but I'm sure he is alive" Marco held my face so I looked him in the eye to calm me down. 

I let out a breath "Okay maybe you're right and I'm just overreacting" 

"Marco!" His father called causing us to turn our heads. 

They both embraced each other, the father crying tears of joy. 

"You've grown big my boy" He kissed him on the head.

"And you've grown old papa" He he teased.

The crowds were starting to grow and Marco's father told us it was best we go somewhere less chaotic. Marco and I went to our usually hang out spot that was near the beach. 

"I thought about you every night" He confessed.

I hooked our arms together.

"Of course you did I'm gorgeous, how could you not?" I teased.

"Yes Y/N you are gorgeous" He gave me a lopsided smile before we looked at each other for a long time. 

I pulled back feeling overwhelmed by his intense stare. 

"I made you a promise ring" He smiled pulling out a silver ring that had a pearl at it's center.

"It's beautiful Marco" I marveled at it "But what are you promising?"

He placed it on my right middle finger that had a scar.

"I'm promising to always be there for you no matter what happens" he smiled kissing my cheek then he stood up.

"We should get going home, I'll see you at the festival" 

I walked back feeling content with the gift and also questioning my feelings towards Marco. I turned into the path that leads to home. There his was at my front door with a bouquet of moon lilies.

"Dante!" I ran to him and he picked me up twirling me around. 

"I was worried sick about you" I held on to him  tightly.

"I apologise my luna, I had seen you at the train station but I was far away, by the time I was about to walk to you my father pulled me away" he mumbled into my hair. 

He put me down and gave me the flowers. He had a buzz cut that complimented his chiseled jawline that had a tiny nic which looked fresh.

"I stopped by our garden to pick you some flowers and father would like me to give you this" he held up a rose quartz necklace that looked vaguely familiar.

"Oh no Dante I can't except that necklace-" I protested.

"She wanted you to have it as well" He smiled somberly.

When he was drafted his mother was very sick and I took care of her everyday. Even though she was sick she managed to bring energy to the room. I would read to her and she would tell me stories as well. Sadly she passed a few months later.

"I know this is a lot but would you come with me, to see her" he looked down.

"Of course" I smiled warmly then held his hand.

We brought her more flowers and he cried a bit which brought pain to my heart. We bid her good bye then walked silently to our garden.

It wasn't much but it was a place we held closely to our hearts. 

"How have you been Luna?" he held my hand.

The nickname came from the scar on my finger hat was shaped like a crescent moon.

"I've been alright, I did what you said and sent a letter to the library in the city, I doubt if they'll answer" I kicked at a stone on the ground. 

"You will obviously be picked don't doubt yourself" he nudged me on the shoulder.

"So, will you let me put the necklace on you?" He held it up. I sighed then turned around.

He gentle clasped the necklace, the cold of the gem sitting against my breast. His fingers gently lingered around my neck causing me to shiver. 

I turned around to face him.

"I will cherish it forever Dante" I kissed him lightly on the cheek.

"I'll see you at the festival Luna" he kissed my hand and we waved goodbye.

I walked home, the thought of both of them running endlessly thought my mind. What did these feelings mean?

Who are you guys rooting for team Marco or team Dante? Part two coming soon😘😊