6.MEMORY LANE PT5

The Fourth of July parade cheered in the background,  the losers were gathered around a missing poster, minus Eddie who had went to get ice cream and Richie who was trying to steal an instrument from the parade

The Fourth of July parade cheered in the background, the losers were gathered around a missing poster, minus Eddie who had went to get ice cream and Richie who was trying to steal an instrument from the parade.

Bea looked at the name on the poster; Edward Corcoran. He lived a couple houses up from her he was quiet but nice. She remembered playing with him when they were both younger. Before it was weird for boys and girls to play together.

"They said they found his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stanley told them, an unsettled look on his face.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben said softly from the back.

Bill walked forward and lifted up the poster to reveal the poster of Betty Ripsom another girl Bea had grown up living close too, she fiddled nervously with her bracelet looking at the posters.

"It's like she been f-f-forgotten b-because Corcoran is missing" Bill said staring at Betty's picture.

"When's this going to end?" Beverly asked softly. It had been going on for over a year, and it seemed like it would never end. Nothing was being done about it and kids just kept vanishing.

"What the fuck dude!?" Bea turned around just in time to see the instrument Richie had stolen and had been playing (horribly) had been snatched off him by the owner of it. 

Richie threw his hands in the air before sulking over to them as Eddie arrived with three ice creams handing one to Richie which he gladly took and the other to Bea who blushed thanking him.

"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asked.

"What they always talk about." Richie complained in exasperation rolling his eyes.

"I actually think it will end, for a little while at least." Ben said shrugging, causing them to look at him.

"What do you mean?" Bea asked with furrowed eyebrows as she ate her ice cream.

"Uh well, i was going over all my data research and I charted out all the big events." Ben told them, "The ironworks explosion in 1908, the bradley gang in 35' , the blackspot in and now kids being...I realised this stuff seems to happen-"

"Every 27 years." Ben and Bill said in unison, everyone sharing uneasy glances.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"Okay so let me get this straight, it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year, and then what? Goes into hibernation?" Eddie asked.

Beverly, Stanley, Mike and Ben were all sat on a green park bench while Eddie, Bill, Richie and Bea surrounded them leaning on their bikes while the parade continued on in background. Loud music blasted and people danced around celebrating the fourth.