18. DEMON FROM HELL PT5

SCREAMS ECHOED FROM ABOVE AS BEA PUSHED HERSELF UP FROM WHERE SHE LAY

She groaned in pain clutching her wrist looking around where the mud closed her in. Mud covered her, her hands slipping as she pushed herself to her feet.

"No! No! No! Guys?" Bea called her hands scrambling on the muddy walls of the cratered well she had fallen down. "Guys!? Anyone? I need help."

As no response came and the screams quietened slightly her panic increased more. An eerie silence above. "Guys!"

"Who are you?" Bea turned quickly pressing her back against the wall at the voice. A young girl sat at a table, a chair sat opposite with a tea party in front of her. Looking around Bea saw her childhood room. Her first home.

"It can't be." Bea muttered watching the child closely, she looked over her features in shock.

"Your...you're Phoebe right?" Bea spoke softly as she walked closer to the child, to young her.

Young Pheobe stared up at her, a curious expression on her face as she got closer.

"How do you know my name?" She asked, her head rested in her hands as she stared up at Bea and Bea was struck by how innocent she looked.

"I know your sister." Bea said bending down at the other side of the table. "I'm friends with Hope."

Young Bea frowned slightly looking down at the table. "Hope doesn't like me much."

Bea winced in sympathy, "I'm sure she does, I didn't think my sister liked me for the longest time but she always did."

Young Pheobe simply stared at for a moment before picking up her teacup. "Your tea is going to be cold."

"Is that for me?" Bea asked gesturing to the teacup at her side. Young her simply nodded and Bea sat down in the small seat picking up the cup. Young her nodded in approval when she picked up her cup taking an pretend drink from it.

"I can't stay long." Bea told her, young Pheobe started at her curiously taking a small sip from her cup.

"What are they like? your friends?"

Bea frowned in confusion, "My friends?"

"The ones up there." Young Pheobe said. "The ones who scream."

Bea paled slightly at her words, her hands beginning to shake so much she put her cup down.

"They're nice. They stick up for me. Make me feel safe. Like I can be by myself. They're my family."

Young Pheobe tilted her head curiously as she poured more tea. "What about Eddie?"

"Eddie?" Bea couldn't help but blush as young Pheobes eyes grew wide in excitement, eagerly leaning closer. "He's my boyfriend."

"Do you love him?"

Bea smiled at younger her who stared up in amazement. "Yes I do, you love anyone?"

"Yes but they don't love me back." She said matter of factly, but a sad look rested on her face.

Bea gazed sadly. She remembered what it felt like to grow up feeling like no one would ever love her.

"They will." She promised and she realised for the first time in her life she meant it.

"Can you take me with you? I don't want to be alone." Young her pleaded suddenly, tears in her eyes.

The muddy walls around them started to shake, big parts breaking off and falling down. A large piece fell on the middle of the table causing young her to let out a scream and back away from freight.

"I don't want to be alone." She cried out in fear.

Bea grabbed her pulling her close, tears filled both there eyes as they stared at each other.

"You're not alone, you meet people who would do anything for you and that you would do anything for." Bea whispered.

"Am I happy?"

"More than anything."

"We have to go come on!" Bea cried out as more debris fell, she looked up in horror as the screams came back once more. She ran to the wall grabbing at vines that had seemed to sprout out of nowhere. She turned back realising young her wasn't behind her.

Young her smiled up at her at peace. "You have to climb, you have to get out."

Bea hesitated from where she grasped onto the vines that had become rooted into the walls of the hole. She stared down at her younger self, her face spoke all the things she wished she could say.

"Go they need you, I'll be fine."

Bea looked at her one last time, she knew deep down that this was the last time she would see the little girl she once was. The last time she would fully remember what she felt. She found that for the first time she was okay with not remembering that. She started the hard climb to the top, reaching near the top she heard younger her calling up.

"You can't save everyone."

Looking down she saw the well was filling with mud, rushing quickly up towards her. Younger her nowhere to be seen.

Bea climbed quicker attempting to escape it, letting out a shriek when it covered her completely. For a moment there was no movement from the well. Then a hand shot out grasping onto the edge.

She groaned finally pulling herself out the top in time to see Bill resurfacing from water only a few feet away from her.

He jumped out quickly rushing over and pulling her out. She was coated in mud and he was soaked but they embraced anyway.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly when he pulled back. His eyes were red she noticed but she didn't comment on it as she spoke.

"I'm fine, you?"

"Fine." He said smiling at her.

The sound of a commotion caused them to run over to the edge, she smiled seeing Eddie standing victoriously a little away. Richie lay on the ground behind him groaning slightly as Stanley hovered worriedly over him. Pennywise seemingly falling to the ground defeated behind him. A spear embedded from him.

He turned and saw her his whole face lighting up. His shocked laugh rang through the air as he took a step towards her.

"I did it Bea! I killed It! I actually killed it!"

She looked up at him smiling in disbelief, their joy was short lived when there was a sudden movement. A jagged spike rushed at him from behind, impaling him.