17. DEMON FROM HELL PT4

Bea took a shaky breath in, a determined look sat on her face despite her nervousness

Bea took a shaky breath in, a determined look sat on her face despite her nervousness. She looked at Mike much like the others were doing.

Her breath hitched when the fire suddenly went out leaving them in darkness. Her grip on Stanley and Bills hands tightened as she spoke up.

"Mike? What do we do now?" She asked nervously, before Mike could even begin to answer a bright light erupted from above them.

Looking up curses and gasps erupted from the losers.

"Is that the deadlights?" Eddie questioned, his voice was panicked and Bea looked in the direction he stood wishing she could be next to him at that moment.

"DON'T LOOK AT THEM!" Mike yelled. They all shut their eyes quickly, Bea screwing hers closed quicker than she ever had before. She felt Stanley'a grip on her hand tightening on hers as strong winds blew around them.

"TURN LIGHT INTO DARK." Mike told them all over the noise of the wind. "SAY IT!"

"Turn light into dark, turn light into dark, turn light in...." Bea chanted her voice blending in with the others, their voices increased in volume as the winds for stronger until they were shouting it.

Peaking her eyes open, she felt relief when the deadlights which had grown smaller started going into the box.

"Guys!" Bea shouted but wasn't heard over the others. "GUYS! Look! Look at it they're going in!"

The others opened their eyes and smiles appeared on their faces. Mike leapt forward putting the lid on as the deadlights finally went in.

"Did we do it?" Eddie asked as he caught his breath sharping a look with Bea. Smiling reassuringly at her.

Their relief was cut short when they saw a red balloon trying to get out of the box. Mike pushed the lid down desperately but it continued to grow bigger and bigger.

"Is this supposed to be happening?" Stanley yelled, panic in his voice as he stepped back dragging Bea  with him. Causing her to let go of Bill's hand.

"KEEP CHANTING!" Mike yelled urgently, they started to chant again but it was too late. Their voices lacked the confidence and loudness from before.

The balloon continued to grow in size, bursting out the container they all retreated backwards as it filled where they stood previously in the centre of spikes.

Bea watched in horror as it spread even more and as it began to grow over the spikes it began to tremble with the pressure and popped with a loud pop.

Throwing her hands over her ears, Bea let out a yell at the pain in her head.

Grasping into her pocket she pulled out her torch shakily turning it on and looking around at the others.

"Everyone okay?" She called out, walking over to Richie to help him up from where he had fallen onto the ground. She got grumbles and murmur's from the others in response and let out a sigh of relief.

"We did it right?" Beverley said as Bea's flashlight flickered making her frown at it. She hit it with her hand and flashed it quickly. Only for it to shine on pennywise peering out at them through the spikes.

Richie let out a curse beside her dragging her back gaining the others attention who also noticed pennywise letting out yells of shock.

"Oh did it work, Mikey? Did it work?" IT giggled mockingly. The occupants in the room all tense.

"Tell them why your little ritual didn't work." IT mocked. Bea sending a confused look to Mike who continued to stare at Pennywise in horror. "Tell them it's all just a...what's the word Eds? Gazebo?" IT looked at Eddie and Bea felt her heart sink.

"Mike what's he talking about?" Eddie questioned.

"Mike, is there something you aren't telling us?" Stanley questioned fear written all over his face and in his voice.

Pennywise let out a booming laugh, making them all flinch as it began to speak. "Oh Mikey, you never showed them the full side did you?" It mocked and Bea felt her body fill with dread. "Didn't really want them to know what happened to the poor shokopiwah?"

It laughed once more when realisation hit the group, showing clearly on their faces.

Bill turned to Mike, betrayed written clearly on his face. "Fuck Mike. You lied to us? You said you wouldn't lie to me again!"

"What else didn't you tell us Mike?" Eddie questioned frantically as he reached out to pull Bea over to him.

"T-they didn't believe they could do it, that's why it didn't work, but I-" Richie cut him off anger in his usually joyful voice.

"Are you fucking me Mike?" He yelled.

Mike looked around at them all scared and desperate. "I needed something, anything for us to remember! For us to believe!"

"Fuck." Richie cursed, Bea turned to where he was looking and let out a swear when she saw that Pennywise was no longer there.

Three blue lights rose from the middle of the spikes, the losers stared at them in horror.

Beverley took charge shouting out for them all the step back.

"The deadlights! Don't look at them!" Ben shouted adding to the chaos. While some listened and closed their eyes some kept them opened panicked about what could happen if they where to be attacked.

Pennywise suddenly rose, over ten times his usual size and with 8 legs. He jeered down at them as they scrambled backwards. The only one who didn't move was Mike.

"4 years I have dreamed of you, I craved you. Oh I missed you." IT cooed looking down at them hungrily and focusing in on Mike who remained frozen in his spot.

"Mike! Bet back!" Bill and Ben yelled desperately, but he remained frozen. Only able to stare in fear and pennywise moved towards him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Mike apologised to the others as pennywise got closer to him.

"Time to float." IT cackled as its hand sharpened into a spear.

Mike closed eyes as he seemingly accepted his fate.

"No!" Bea said stepping towards him, Eddie's arm stopped her from getting far.

Bill rushed forward pushing Mike out the way as the spear came hurtling down, barely missing them.

"Fucking run!" Stanley shouted as they all started sprinting trying to escape pennywise who was right on their tails.

Pennywise seemed to be growing angrier and angrier as he chased after them. IT's claws slammed down in hopes to slow them down and forcing them to have to dodge them.

They were quick to rush in opposite directions in hopes to confuse IT.

Diverting from the others Bea ran as fast as she could away from IT, it clambered after her making her push herself even faster.

Quickly clambering into a small opening she tried to slow down noticing a giant hole.

However she was pushed harshly from behind and found herself falling forward.

Her scream echoed as she tumbled down into the hole.