CHAPTER 2

"Well, let me tell you something. Right now, in front of me, what I see is Jaiden Rookwood. The girl who can't wait to prove herself. The girl who's brave enough to explore the world. A girl that needs friends." Explained Dumbledore with a reassurance smile.

Dumbledore really wanted Jaiden to come with him. He couldn't imagine how lonely Jaiden felt living alone in this little house for months. No mother, no friends. He can't let her raise herself, that would be wrong. He knew it will be hard to make her believe that she'll not hurt anyone at the school. But, he promised himself he will bring this girl with him. At least, to let her meet her father.

"Just because you're different, Jaiden, doesn't mean you can't go to school. Everyone deserves to learn something. Let's go to Hogwarts. You can make new friends. You don't have to be alone anymore." Dumbledore pleaded.

"I want to go, sir. I want to so bad. But I can't be selfish. What about my transformations? What about others?" Jaiden said. "I'm not myself every time I transformed. I can get aggressive." She added worriedly. "I can't go."   

"Is that what you worried so much?" Jaiden nodded. "Just so you know, I've handled someone who had the same problem as yours." He smiled, hoping it would change Jaiden's mind. And much to his luck, it did, because Jaiden looked up at him with eyes full of hope.

"Does that mean I can go?" Jaiden's thought earlier was right. Dumbledore had had a student who was just like her at school. Little by little, she saw the chance for her to finally go to a school. She saw the chance to make friends.

Dumbledore nodded. "I'll help you with your transformations, Jaiden." Dumbledore kept the smile on his face and it grew even more as he saw the excitement in the girl's eyes. "There's nothing to worry about. Now, I'll ask you again. Would you like to go to Hogwarts, dear?" He asked. 

Jaiden stared at the man in front of her with mixed emotions. She felt like crying. She was so happy and appreciated the offer. "Yes!" Jaiden said with no hesitation. Dumbledore smiled, satisfied. He did it. At least, it was for her own good. And, she can finally meet her father.

"It's settled then. I'll take my leave." He said while standing up. "Tomorrow I'll come again to take you to Diagon Alley. We'll buy you your school stuff. Goodbye, Jaiden." And with that, Dumbledore apparated away. He was gone by a blink of an eye. 

That night, Jaiden was lying on her bed while staring up at the ceiling. She will meet a lot of kids her age at Hogwarts and that made her happy and nervous all at once. She still can't believe someone like her can go to a school. She believed that Dumbledore will help her with her furry little problem. 

She smiled to herself in the dimly lit room. I promise, I'm gonna make you proud, mum. she thought to herself. I really miss you. I really want to see your face when you see the letter. Goodnight, mum. I love you.

A/N- Its a short chapter i know. It's going to have a long chapter after this. Hope you enjoy it. Rewritten 25/09/2023