CHAPTER 62

Jaiden just stayed in her bed for the rest of the night. She didn't go to sleep. She can't even closed her eyes. When it hit 6 in the morning, Jaiden got up from her bed and went to start her day.

She changed into another clean robe, brushed her teeth and washed her face then she walked out. She was very grateful that there wasn't a bag under her eyes. She didn't wait for her friends because she knew they will start to ask about her detention last night.

She walked out from Gryffindor common room and went down to the Great Hall. She decided that she didn't want to stay long at the Great Hall. She just walked to one of the house elves and asked them for an apple.

After she got what she wanted, she made her way to the Black Lake. She sat down under the tree and simply eating her apple while reading a bit. After a few minutes, her attention went to her left hand.

"Does she will make all her detention like this?" She asked herself. She sighed and shook her head a bit. Then, she looked at her schedule. She have Potions that morning.

She nodded and got up. She took her bag with her and went back inside the castle. She immediately made her way down to the dungeon to the Potions classroom. There was no one yet so she just waited outside of the class.

While waiting, she just looked at her hand blankly until she heard a footsteps at the end of the corridor. She shoved her hand in her pocket to prevent anyone from seeing it. She looked up and saw Snape was making his way towards her.

"You're early today." Snape asked once they were close enough. Jaiden just shrugged. Snape walked to the classroom door and opened it. He went to the front of the classroom while Jaiden sat down at the back.

This made Snape looked at her weirdly. She never sit at the back unless the classroom already packed or she have a problem. Snape sighed quietly.

"How's your detention last night?" Snape asked. This question made her froze. Her body tensed which didn't go unnoticed by Snape.

"It went well." She replied quietly. Snape nodded but still unconvinced.

"Why are you sitting at the back?" He asked again and he saw Jaiden shrugged without looking at him. He looked at the clock and saw they have another 30 minutes before the class start and there wasn't anyone else in that room.

He made his way to Jaiden's table and sat down across from her. When Jaiden saw he was walking towards her, she put her left hand under the table.

"Tell me the truth. What happened? Even I can't enter your mind, Jaiden, I still can know if you have a problem." He said while eyeing her for any wound but he found nothing.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened."

"Jaiden, you know I made a promise with your father that I will look after you at school, right? Why don't you tolerate with me?" Snape asked starting to get frustrated.

"Can we just talk about this later, Professor? We have class."

"I can easily cancel our class this morning and talk to you. And something definitely happened with you last night."

"What?" Her eyes widened slightly.

"You never call me 'Professor' when we're alone. It's always Sevy. Once you call me Professor, either we are in front of the other students or you have a problem." Jaiden mentally cursed herself for her stupidity.

She just stayed silent and looked down at her Potion's book. Snape then got up from his chair and walked around the table to her side. On his way, he saw Jaiden was trying her best to hide her hand.