CHAPTER 64

The next day, Jaiden went to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. When she walked in, she spotted Hermione, Ron and Ginny. She went there and sat down with them.

On her way, she saw Draco and Blaise were sitting with their other friends. They three made an eye contact and sent a smiled at each other.

Last night, they stayed at the Astronomy Tower until it was 2 in the morning. No wonder Jaiden woke up late that day.

"Morning, guys." Jaiden greeted and started to fill her plate.

"Morning." Ginny and Hermione said.

"Morning." Ron said with his mouth full of food. Hermione looked at him in annoyed.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked.

"What? I'm hungry." Ron said which made Jaiden laughed a bit.

"Jaiden, you went to bed early last night. We didn't see you after our last class." Hermione said. Jaiden froze for a second before replied.

"Yeah, I'm a bit tired last night and I think i could use some rest." Jaiden said and Hermione nodded. Just then Harry came to them.

"Harry." Hermione said. He looked at them and hesitated at first like he wanted to say something.

"Can I join you?" He finally asked. They all looked at each other. Before they get a chance to reply, they heard Umbridge's voice came from the outside of the Great Hall.

"Pardon me, Professor. But what exactly are you insinuating?" Everyone's attention in the Great Hall went to the door of the hall.

"What's that?" Ginny asked.

"Let's see." Jaiden said. They all agreed and started to go outside to see what happened. There they saw, Minnie and Umbridge was walking to the stairs.

"I'm merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Minnie said.

"So silly of me but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge said while taking one more step of the stairs to reach Minnie's height.

"Not at all, Dolores." She said and taking the same step as Umbridge. "Merely your medieval methods."

When Draco came outside, he saw the drama that was happening in that corridor. Then he spotted Jaiden. He pulled her robe a bit to get her attention. Jaiden turned around and saw Draco. He motioned her to come over.

"What?" She whispered once she was at his side.

"What's happening?" Draco asked.

"I don't know. A little argument, I guess." Jaiden said and Draco nodded. When they turned their attention back at the two Professors, Umbridge was facing all students that were there.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." Umbridge said and walked away. Jaiden and Draco looked at each other.

"What do you think she will do?" Jaiden asked.

"I don't know." Draco said.

"I'm sure it would be terrible." Pansy said out of nowhere.

"When did you arrived?" Draco asked.

"It's just you who didn't notice me earlier."

The next day, a lot of news went out. It was all about Umbridge will have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts school.

Things got worse day by day. Umbridge will walked into a random class and started to interrupt it by asking the Professor. Jaiden noticed too that every time she walked out, she will sneered at her which she just ignored.