THE BEGINNING.

—IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY IN THE YEAR OF 1991.

New York City wasn't very hot that day, considering the day was just starting so it was fairly warm. The smell of coffee was dominant in the air as citizens made their way up and down the busy streets of the city.

JoJo, DeVante, and Dalvin stood on the wall on some building wearing matching outfits, conversing in a conversation.

"I believe in us, forreal. Once our album drops, we gon' be big! Count on it!" Dalvin tossed a quarter up in the air.

"You ain't even supposed to be in the group," DeVante joked, causing JoJo to laugh as Dalvin mugged them both.

K-Ci walked out of an alley, fixing his pants before approaching the group. "Aight, we can leave now. I'm done."

"That's why we told you to leave before we left the house, dumbass." JoJo mushed him.

"I ain't know I had to pee then! But what was y'all talkin' 'bout?" K-Ci questioned as the four began to walk down the street, making their way to the subway so they could be on time for their first interview.

"I was manifesting our fame and how big we gon' be," Dalvin replied, holding up the shiny silver piece of metal. "I got my lucky quarter with me."

K-Ci cackled, slapping the coin out of Dalvin's hand as it slipped down into a large vent that was open.

"My quarter!" Dalvin dropped down to his knees and tried to retrieve his fallen coin. JoJo grabbed onto his leg so he wouldn't fall, but Dalvin continued to lean forward and try to get the quarter back. Just as K-Ci took ahold of JoJo's arm and tried to pull them back up, Dalvin ended up falling, causing JoJo to fall along with him.

K-Ci latched onto DeVante's shirt so he wouldn't fall either, but that only resulted in both of them falling down the vent right along with JoJo and Dalvin.

The only thing that could be heard was faint screams from the four young men as they were in nothing but a falling pit of darkness.

••

this was kinda rush, I threw this shit together real quick but yeah, this is our first book on this account—hope y'all ready! 🥰
- Ris.