TWENTY-TWO.

A brief tap on Azalea's office door pulled her away from the filing she was doing in her file cabinet drawer.

"Come in!"

Brielle, one of her coworkers, entered with a bouquet of orange lilies that she placed on her desk. "These are for you from that boy you've been seeing."

Azalea eyed her strangely due to the emphasis that was put on 'boy'.

"Boy?"

"That's what he is. Ain't you like twenty-four? He look like he fresh outta sixth grade."

"He's grown."

"How grown?"

"What's with all this pestering?" Azalea raised an eyebrow. "Are you that invested in my love life?"

Brielle put her hands up in defense. "Damn girl, I'm sorry. You know I'm nosey! But shit....when you done with him, can I have him?"

"What???"

"Girl, you clearly his sugar momma! I be seeing how you leave to drop food off to him, he be delivering flowers to you, and all that! Let's not forget, I follow you on Instagram and I be seeing how y'all be going out! He hittin' that shit?"

"Brielle."

"Is it good?! I wanna know just in case you slide him my way!"

Azalea rolled her eyes. "I won't be sliding him anybody's way cause he's already with me. Thank you for bringing my flowers in here," she dismissed her.

"I was just aski—"

"You can go back to whatever you were doing beforehand."

Brielle got the message, backing off and exiting her co-worker's office to go back to her own.

Business at Chick-fil-A wasn't as busy as it'd usually be due to the fact that it was a drizzly day.

"Today's going by so slow," Carena dramatically huffed, leaning against the counter before staring at Dalvin.

"Yeah, it is. Juan!" He called out as the customer stepped up to grab their bag of food.

"So what are you gonna do when you get home?"

Dalvin shrugged. "I don't know. Probably go on my spam page, make some tiktoks, read on Wattpad, watch Snowfall."

"Oh," Carena nodded, smiling as she stepped a little closer to him. "So I've been thinking! You've been working here for some time now and since that time, we've learned to get to know each other! You know what, I'm just gonna say it....I like you!" She confessed.

Her coworker stood there looking back at her as she gave him a smile while he had an unclear facial expression.

"I don't really know what to say. I'm older than you by a couple years and I'm kinda already talking to someone. Besides, I don't think we should mix business with pleasure, ya' know?"