ONE.

After falling for what felt like forever the quartet finally stopped, landing in the middle of the street. They all rested on top of each other uncomfortably like sardines in a pack.

"K-Ci," JoJo called out.

"Huh?"

"If you don't get your skinny ass from on top of me, I'm gonna kill you."

K-Ci smacked his teeth before pushing DeVante off his body so he could stand up. JoJo and Dalvin stood up shortly afterwards.

"Well that was weird," Dalvin said before patting himself down. "I still don't got my damn quarter!"

"Fuck that stupid ass quarter!" K-Ci pushed him. "Where are we?" DeVante looked around his surroundings, as well as the other three members.

"It looks like we're still in New York," JoJo stated.

"Yeah, but everything looks....kinda different." Dalvin pointed out. "But K-Ci's still ugly so that's about right."

"Whatever, B. Just walk me into this beer distributor real quick." K-Ci told the other three members of the group before they walked into the store across the street.

A man that had to be in his late 20s to mid 30s eyed the group as they walked in. "Where y'all masks at?" He took a swig from his Bud Light that was covered by a black plastic bag. "They ain't gon' serve y'all without no masks on."

"What do we need masks for?" Dalvin asked.

"That COVID-19 shit is still out there!"

"What the fuck is COVID-19?" K-Ci blurted.

The man laughed, assuming the question to be a joke. He realized it wasn't when K-Ci, JoJo, Dalvin, and DeVante stared at him with perplexed looks on their faces, waiting for him to explain what COVID-19 was.

"Damn, y'all really don't know?"

JoJo shook his head. "We don't have the slightest clue."

"Covid-19–the corona virus—whatever you wanna call it," the man started, taking another sip from his can. "It's a disease that originated from China and that shit traveled worldwide. It caused hella places to be shut down or condemned for a while. Loads of people have died from it and it's contagious as hell, which is why you have to wear a mask whenever you go out somewhere."

The brothers exchanged an appalled look amongst each other.

"Where the hell y'all been at?" The man joked. "Look like y'all came straight outta nineteen ninety-two."

"Nineteen ninety-one, actually," Dalvin corrected causing K-Ci to harshly elbow him in his side.

"This may be a strange question but....what year is it?"

"It's twenty twenty-one." The man replied.

"Twenty twenty-one?!" The confused group exclaimed with shook facial expressions.

The random man eyed them oddly, turning his lip up. "Y'all niggas trippin'. Stay off that rock," he said, walking out the store.